Chapter 41

Kurt's Point of View
Life. A funny thing, huh? It doesn't come with an instruction manual. Or anything close to it. You sort of just have to dive into it with your best shot. My life didn't seem all that important at all. Not until I met Skye. I had no one to share my feelings and interests with until her. I didn't have much of a life at all really. As I looked down at her bruised, pale body, I felt as if my life was slipping from me. I couldn't fucking bare it. Seeing her like that. But, I refused to leave her alone. I wanted nothing but to stay beside her and make sure she was alright. She winced in her sleep, gently squeezing my hand as she struggled to get comfortable. It took everything I had in me to not find the sick fuck who did this to her. She'd be lucky if I ever left her side again after this. My mind spun as I tried to find a reason why she always got placed into situations like this. She didn't deserve any of it and it drove me insane. She was hurt pretty badly. Not only physically, but I knew she'd also be mentally fucked for awhile. I sighed, trying to force back the tears that were forming in my eyes. I was only trying to help her. And this is what had happened. "K..Kurt?" She barely whispered, struggling to open her swollen eyes. I felt my heart sink into my stomach. I gently placed my hand on her face, stroking her cheek with my thumb. "I'm here. It's alright." My voice cracked as I spoke. She sounded horrible. "Heroin" She mumbled, rolling over to face me, but her eyes still half closed. "Huh?" I asked her, hoping she was just coming out of it all and confused. "After I get outta here, I wanna do heroin, Kurt." She opened her eyes, staring deep into mine. My heart was on the floor. "Skye, you can't be fucking serious." My heart raced as I hoped to whatever fucking God was out there that she was just confused and shaken up. "You did it again didn't you? So, I can too. I'm officially fucked, Kurt. Bare with me." Her voice was barely there, cracking with every word. Her eyes were empty. Not full of life like the Skye I knew. I gulped. Trying to be as strong as I could. I didn't know what to say. So, I climbed in beside her in her tiny hospital bed. I pulled her close to me, trying to hold the pieces of the girl I loved together the best I could.
Skye's Point of View
I woke up not feeling anywhere near myself. For whatever reason, I craved the feeling heroin once gave me when I was this bad off once before. Thank god I had Kurt. I smiled the realist smile I could as he pulled me close to him. His scent would forever send me into a comforting abyss. The way his rough hands felt on my head as he stroked my hair was more than enough to put me to sleep. I could feel the love and comfort radiating from him. Our souls were made of the same stardust, and I couldn't be more sure of that. My body ached and stung as my head spun into a continuous whirlwind. I had a fear that I just couldn't shake that was deep down inside of me, creeping closer to the surface every second. I knew what I told him was a very stupid thing, but it was true. I felt eternally restless. Every sound my ears could possibly hear caused me to jump out of my skin. I hugged Kurt tightly and felt him kiss the top of my head. "You're gonna be okay. I promise. And I'm not going anywhere. Sleep if you need to. I'll be right here." His voice sounded like rough silk. An angel with torn wings. The most calming voice I'd ever heard. I buried my face in his chest, hoping I could just close my eyes and when I opened them again, it'd all be nothing but a bad dream. I could barely sleep. I'd wake up screaming not long after drifting off, clutching Kurt's chest in a cold sweat as I had nightmare after nightmare. The doctors told me they'd be sending me to therapy. But, I wasn't so sure it would help. I could tell that Kurt was struggling to be strong, and that it killed him to see me this way. I was trying to get over it and realize that everything was alright now. But, something snapped in my brain. It wasn't alright. In fact, it was far from alright. I didn't feel like Skye anymore. I felt like a stranger in my own body. It was a horrifying feeling. Kurt was my safe place. The only thing making me feel better was him. He wiped away my tears, studying my soul with his bright blue eyes, desperately trying to find a way to heal me. Kurt was my perfect medicine. But, for what ever reason, I still craved heroin. The scary thing is, it didn't scare me a bit that I was craving a deadly drug. Kurt on the other hand, was absolutely horrified.