chapter 10

"Your mom isn't gonna be home, is she?" Kurt asked, nervously as we walked down the sidewalk. "Probably. But don't even worry about it, Kurt. Really. She'll love you. She's actually really excited to meet you." I smiled, grabbing his hand reassuringly. "She knows about me?" He asked, a bit shocked. I blushed at the thought of Kurt knowing I talk about him. Kurt smiled as he lit up a cigarette. As we became closer to my house, I noticed that Kurt was starting to tense up. "Hey, relax. Just be yourself, and there's no way she won't like you." I smiled as we walked up the porch steps. I opened the door to find my mom in the kitchen, cleaning like a maniac. She had to of been nervous about something, she always cleaned when something was wrong. "Um, mom I want you to meet someone." I mumbled as we walked in. Her eyes lit up and she rushed over to us. Kurt smiled shyly and held out his hand. "Mom, this is Kurt." I said, a bit nervously. "Its so nice to meet you sweetie. Skye seems to like you quite a bit." My mom smiled as she shook his hand. My face turned bright red with embarrassment. "Kurt's gonna take me somewhere, we just came by so I can fix my clown makeup. So, we'll be back down in a minute." I smiled slightly and led the way up the stairs. My mom seemed a bit off, but I tried not to worry about it too much and tried to enjoy my time with Kurt. After fixing my face, we headed back downstairs, told my mom bye, and headed out the door. "So where are we going?" I asked, curiously. "You'll see." Kurt grinned and winked at me. I nudged him. "Kurt, c'mon!" I laughed as he rolled his eyes and obviously did not wanna tell me. We arrived at a really shitty looking building and I gave him a confused look. He chuckled and took my hand. He led me down some stairs and I soon realized we were at a concert. "There's a Mudhoney show tonight, thought you'd like to come with me." He smiled as he opened the door to the room where they were playing. I grinned and hugged him. "This is great, Kurt. Thank you. I needed this after all that's happened today." I smiled as he took my hand. We sat against a wall while Kurt rolled a couple of joints. I was busy admiring Kurt when I sensed someone staring at me from across the room. I looked up to see a group of girls looking at me and Kurt, smiling and whispering things to each other. "Uh, okayyy." I mumbled, annoyed. "What?" Kurt asked, looking up from the joint he was rolling. "Its just those girls over there. I'm not sure what their problem is, but they sure do seem amused by us." I replied with an annoyed voice. He slightly laughed and shook his head. "Yeah, I'm pretty sure they're jealous of how pretty you are. You're new here. They've never seen you before." He replied as he stood up, then helped me off the ground. I wasn't sure what to think about what Kurt said. I felt like they were laughing because they thought I was weird or dumb. I sighed and tried to forget about it. The show was starting and Kurt took my hand, leading us towards the stage. The opening band, I had never heard of before, but they were pretty good. I suddenly noticed I had to pee really bad, and wanted to get back before Mudhoney came on stage, so I told Kurt I would be back. "Hey, Skye. Please be careful. If you aren't back in 5 minutes I'll come looking for you." Kurt said as he stared me dead in the eyes. It was really nice to have someone care about me so much. I quickly made my way to the bathroom and was relieved no one was back there. After I was done, I looked in the mirror and tried to gain some confidence. 'You have the most gorgeous, coolest, sweetest guy to ever exist totally wrapped around your finger. Don't even worry about those girls. He's right, they are just jealous.' I told myself as I took a deep breath and walked back to the show. When I spotted Kurt, my stomach tied in knots and my heart fell to the floor. The blonde who was making her friends laugh at me, practically had her tongue down Kurt's throat and her arms around his neck. Tears flooded my eyes and i froze. Kurt pulled away and looked straight at me. "Skye, wait!" He yelled, walking towards me. But, it was too late. I ran out the door and sat on the curb as my heart broke. I heard the sound of running feet and i didn't have to look up to know who it was. "I don't wanna hear it, Kurt." I mumbled, in between sniffles. "She grabbed me and kissed me, Skye. I did not want to kiss her. I felt nothing. She's trying to make you jealous. Skye. Listen, I'm in love with you. Not her. Or anyone else, for that matter." Kurt said, seriously. I looked up from the ground and he looked more broken than I did. I sighed and stood up. "I want you. Only you." He whispered as he put his hand on my face. I smiled as he wiped the tears from my eyes. I pulled him closer to me, kissing him roughly and claiming what was mine. Our breathing increased and I pulled away. "I am in fucking love with you, Kurt Cobain." I whispered, our faces still inches apart. He beamed with happiness and stared at me with passion in his eyes. We decided to go back inside to finish watching the show. The blonde was staring us down as soon as we walked into the room. Kurt grabbed me and kissed me in such a way that it took my breath. Then, he looked over at the girl and flipped her off. I bit my lip and looked away, trying not to laugh. Kurt lit up a joint and we finished the night jumping around to Mudhoney's last few songs, completely and utterly in love with each other.