chapter 4

"You too, uh, Kurt." I mumbled as I looked at him, trying not to faint. His long, dirty, blonde hair hung in his face and he brushed it out of the way with his fingers. Revealing a beautiful pair of angelic ocean blue eyes. A color I had never even seen before. They were breath taking, and flooded by emotions. His chin was a little scruffy, and he had a little dimple in the dead center. He was perfect. I tried to think of something to break the awkward silence. "Um, do you guys know where a payphone is? I need to call my mom so I can get home." I asked, hesitantly. "There's one outside around the corner! But you can ride with us if you want, Skye! We have an extra seat, and we're headed back to Aberdeen too actually. We're all going back to Krist's place for a party. You're welcome to come." Claire said, excitedly. I wasn't sure if I should go or not. I was already drained from the stress of social interaction I'd been forced into all day. But, honestly, I wanted to know more about Kurt. "Sure, I'll come. Just let me tell my mom so she won't think I died or something. Be right back." I said, turning to walk outside to the payphone. "Kurt, go with her. There's a bunch of drunk guys outside, make sure she's okay." Shelli said as she hugged Krist. "Sure." Kurt mumbled, following behind me. My heart sank. I kept walking, not looking behind me as much as I wanted to until we approached the phone. "I'll wait over here." He mumbled, smirking slightly enough for his dimples to appear on his cheeks. "Kay." I smiled, picking up the phone and dialing her number. "Skye? You okay? Do you need me to pick you up now?" My mom's worried voice said. "Yeah, I'm fine mom. I'm actually gonna ride back to Aberdeen with my uh, friends if that's okay." I replied, hoping she wouldn't freak. "That's fine sweetie, but please be careful and make smart choices. I love you." She said into the phone. I sighed in relief. "I will, mom. Love you too." I hung up the phone and saw Kurt standing against the wall, smoking a cigarette, reminding me that I really needed to smoke. I reached in my bag and pulled the mysterious pack out as I approached Kurt. "Thanks for coming out here with me." I said as I lit my cigarette. He smiled. "Of course. Its hard telling what any of these guys would do." He replied, squinting his eyes as he inhaled smoke. I was about to put the pack back in my bag when his hand touched mine, stopping me. He was looking at me in awe. My heart accelerated as worried I might have done something stupid. "You found those?" He asked, his blue eyes twinkling. "Um, yeah. In the grass under the bridge back home. Why?" I asked as my head spun with dizziness. "I left them there. I wasn't really sure why. Something just told me to do a good deed that day. And it turned out to be you." He mumbled, taking a drag off his cigarette. 'Oh my god.' I thought to myself, shocked. A little smirk appeared on his face as he exhaled smoke. "Hey guys, we're leaving! C'mon bitches!" Shelli yelled from across the parking lot. I threw down my cigarette and made my way over to the tour van, following Kurt's lead. "You can ride next to Kurt in the back. There's an empty spot." Chad said, as he opened the door for me to climb in. "Thanks." I mumbled as I got in. Thankfully the ride went by fast and wasn't awkward due to Black Flag being blasted the whole way there. Kurt stared out the window most of the time. He seemed like he had a lot on his mind. When we arrived at Krist's house, it didn't take very long for the garage to fill up with around twenty people. Everyone was getting drunk off their asses. Kurt had a few drinks, but wasn't obliterated and same for myself. "Wanna go to another room?" Kurt said to me over the loud music. I nodded my head yes as my stomach sank to my feet. We sat down on a couch in Krist's living room and I started to get very nervous. "I just gotta get away from all the commotion for a minute." He mumbled, picking up a guitar. "You play any instruments?" He asked me as he tuned it. "Yeah, I play the guitar some." I replied as I watched him look effortlessly beautiful. He looked up at me with joy in his eyes. "Well, lets hear what you got." He said, smirking. "Uh, I dunno Kurt." I said, chuckling awkwardly. "C'mon. No judging, I promise." He said, handing it over to me. I smiled and sighed nervously. I had been working on a song I made up, so I played a few chords of it and looked up at Kurt to see his reaction. He was smiling as his eyes lit up. I finished the song and he clapped. I laughed like a stupid school girl. "I love it, Skye. We should play together sometime." His soft voice said. I blushed in disbelief. "What are you two lovebirds doing in here?!" Shelli said as she drunkenly busted through the door. "Skye was showing me a song she wrote." Kurt said, blushing . She smiled as she handed us some drinks before throwing what looked like a bag of weed at us. "Some guy left his weed here, you guys enjoy. I've had enough." Shelli winked before leaving the room. Kurt rolled a joint and handed it to me . "Ladies first." He said, smirking. After drinking whatever weird concoction Shelli brought us, Kurt seemed pretty drunk and so did I. I lit the joint and took a hit as Kurt stared at me, probably without noticing he was doing it. It didn't take me very long before I felt pretty fucked up, and extremely tired. "I guess I need to go home." I mumbled as my eyes struggled to stay opened. "What? Stay. Its four in the morning, Skye." Kurt slurred. "Just stay. Stay with me forever. It'll be okay." He mumbled as he closed his eyes and layed his head on my shoulder. I tried not to laugh. "Okay, Kurt." I smiled before my eyes flickered shut and I fell asleep next to a boy who I just met, but felt like I knew forever.