Part Nine

Katara's mind slowly wrapped around the idea that she was supposed to get out of bed and took a long sigh. Then slowly she eased her way out of bed and searched the room for a place to get ready. Katara left Oceanim snoring on the comforter and smiled softly as she grasped the cold handle of a door that opened into a bathroom. Katara found an outfit already hung up for her. When Katara finally finished getting on the outfit she looked in the mirror and was stunned once again. Somehow Katara expected that her new self was just a dream. 

 The old Katara would of had slumped shoulder dull black hair and deep blue eyes. Instead a confident muscular young women with shining black hair and a glowing turquoise highlight stood in the mirror. She had silver padded leggings that were embellished with blue and green patterns traveling up her right leg, A tight jacket of turquoise was fitted across her chest. A grey cowl and tall silver shiny boots with grey embellishments. All in all,

"Not bad." Katara murmured as she turned in the mirror. Katara quickly took a ponytail of her wrist and did a sloppy braid that accentuated her new highlight. Katara then slowly dragged her feet out of the bathroom that was once again bathed in all things purple. She entered the bedroom again to see Oceanim flying around the room happily. With that Katara finally cracked a real smile out of her stony faced facade. 

"Nim!" She called to her dragon who that happily zoomed to Katara with turquoise eyes sparkling with joy. Oceanim landed on Katara's right shoulder and began to nuzzle into Katara's neck. Katara laughed and looked around the room trying to remember which door was the exit. Katara then opened the door and walked straight into a chaotic hallway full of people in purple outfits similar to hers. She stared in confusion as she got swept into the crowd and lost in a sea of people in purple. Soon people began to notice her and started whispering to each other. She could only her snippets of conversations about her and Oceanim. Katara shrunk under their curious and wary gazes. As if she was some sort of animal at a Zoo. They cocked their heads and some tried to nonchalantly stare at her, others didn't even try to hide their looks which only brought a sense of panic in Katara's heart. She felt as if the grey stone walls were closing in and she began to weave through the crowd upstream against the flow of whispering people. Their unnatural purple eyes varying in shades and hues following her body as it frantically rushed towards something. Anything but these unusual people with their unearthly beauty. Their cold and aloof manners that struck Katara down to the bone. Katara no longer even tried looking for Linea and Nia. her only thought was getting Her and Oceanim safe from these people. Not her people. She sought for her Father's Placid and Loving blue eyes, or Kenneth's soft amber ones. Heck she even would rather have the uncomfortable tension filled gaze of Quinn.

Katara felt all of Oceanims stress fill her blood and Katara felt something grow inside her. And She halted abruptly as All the people around her began to blur and all Katara felt was Confusion. The total chaos of her mess of thoughts. Katara looked around as the world began to spin and the people's whispers grew louder and louder until they felt like shouts. Katara's arms began to shake and she closed her eyes in an attempt to block out all the raw emotions and bright lights and loud voices that pounded into her. They jarred her to the bone and when Katara opened her eyes she saw them. Silver strands. They Connect people with people all throughout the halls. Some brighter than others. They twisted and waved as if caught in a never ending autumn breeze. The Power that seemed to spark in them drew Katara in until all the voice faded away. It Was just her oceanim and One silver strand that stretched weaving throughout the hallway. Katara reached a quivering hand out to touch it. Her Calloused hands aching to touch these curious threads that were full of such life. Katara finally touched it and felt energy flow through her body and into her and oceanim. 

There was an eerie feeling of floating in air as Katara Felt a breeze ruffle her hair even though she wasn't anywhere near a window nevertheless a door. She saw That her One turquoise strad had begun to glow and took on a silver edge. Her thoughts became clear and concise. And Katara heart thumped in her chest. Oceanims claws dug into her shoulder and Katara tentatively tried to make contact with her dragons mind. Instead of the gentle soothing feeling she usually got by contacting her dragon. Katara was meet by odd images. Ones of oceanim stuck in its peculiar box in the dark waiting for Katara to come. Katara felt Oceanims memories flow through her and then suddenly felt a hard jerking sensation and Katara tumbled into darkness.

Katara felt herself rise out of her body and she opened her eyes to see the same hallway this time with windows and two people. One of them Was Katara Mother, Her beautifully wavy black hair pulled up in a messy bun. Her mother wore a strange circlet on her head. Her mother was smiling warmly at a little girl who was holding her hand. They walked together through the hallways. Katara's mother talked softly with the little girl who couldn't be more than 7 years old. The Young girl had Pure White hair and grey eyes that were full of wonder. The little girl held something close to her chest and katara felt the ghostlike apparition of herself move toward her mother and the little girl. Her mother spoke.

"Katayna, I know you are scared of your powers, but remember. You always have me and Katara to help you." Her mother murmured to the little girl and stopped to tuck a stray piece of hair behind the young girl's ear. 

"You and Katara will always be there for each other. Through every Silver Moon Rise and Every Golden Moon Set." Katara's mother softly kissed the little girl's forehead. The Little Girl kept her head stopped low so Katara still couldn't see her face. She finally began to raise her head when Katara felt herself being pulled out of her dream and snapped back into her body. Katara looked around finding that the crowd had completely dispersed leaving her in the empty hallway. Much darker then the hallway from her odd dream thing. Katara shook her head trying to get rid of the odd feeling in her chest and began to wander aimlessly down the halls looking for her room. 

------------

I don't know if any of this got published however i hope it did.   Ive been a ghost on wattled and not on purpose!  My phone is 8 years old and has been through 4 people, and our wifi is under repair and unusable.   So hopefully this pitiful chapter go t published wi=hich my last 29 attempts have failed.  Any ways August Over & Out

Vote

Comment

Share