Chapter Six

This Chapter is Dedicated to wolfess21 for the AMAZING inspirational comments and support she has given to this book!  

--------------------------

Katara laughed nervously as her father gaped at her. His blue eyes full of shock, stared at Katara. She nervously twiddled with her new highlight twisting the shining new addition around her now flawless finger. Heck, even the nail was perfectly shaped. Katara's grey eyes were fixed on the little dent in the wood floor board below her. The total silence was tense and Katara felt like there was a hurricane brewing in her stomach. She bit her lip until the irony taste of blood filled her mouth. 

          "Well well, what have we here."  Came an amused voice from behind Katara.  She whipped her head around to see Golden boy leaning against her bed frame.  His eyebrow was raised and she looked back from him to her dad and back again. 

        "I-" Katara began her face flushed and her heart raced uncontrollably.

        "Shush it Humani," The golden boy said.   "Now let's make sure dear old dad isn't going to be asking the wrong questions."   The golden boy walked over to her father who was clearly still in shock grasping for words that evaded him.   "You will forget you ever saw me or the new version of your daughter.   Your daughter will be going on a mission trip to a far away place."  Golden boy said to Katara's dad and then he snapped his fingers in front of her dad's face.  Katara's dad simply walked away as if nothing had ever happened.  

       "Wha- What did you do to my dad?"  Katara said angrily to golden boy.  "Are you some kid of stalker, or the leader of some freakish magic cult."  Katara slowly made her way to the open window ready for her flight or fight instinct to kick in. 

         Golden boy simply laughed and twitched his lips into a smirk.  "I forgot how funny the Humani race is."  Golden boy shook his head and took long strides I'll he was right next to Katara.   "Or mabye you arn't quite human are you."   Katara felt her back pressed into the wall and golden boys hot breath on her neck.  His eyes examined Katara closely and finally reached her eyes.  Katara's heart raced in her chest as she looked into thiose golden eyes.  Time stopped,  Katara finally understood what people meant when they said that.   Everything else seemed like petty little things besides those eyes on hers.  Golden boy suddenly let go and abruptly stood back his voice turning cold. 

         "I don't have time for this,". He took Katara's hand and dragged her out the window and jumped." Katara froze in midair. It took her a second to realize they were just falling to their deaths. Her lungs were cold with the harsh air and she let the heavy feeling of dread settle in her stomach before she was abruptly stopped in her decent and fell on to a hard something. Her neck whipped forward and her legs slammed into the hard sides of something.

"Now that wasn't so bad was it Humani." Came the voice of golden boy from in front of her. Katara finally realized that her arms were tightly wrapped around his waist. Katara frantically searched for her dragon and with relief found him on her shoulder with the same kind of shocked expression. Golden boy turned is head to judge Kararas reaction and was meet by palm. Katara slapped him hard hearing a satisfactory smack. Golden boy stared at her shocked. Katara meet his gaze with cool grey eyes full if content.

"What the Venti's Army was that for?" Golden boy exclaimed surprisedly. His golden eyes shone with disbelief.

"You pulled me out of a 3 story window to my possible death without my proper consent." Katara said calmly her long black hair waving in the wind and the blue dragon in her shoulder seemed to nod in agreement. She turned her nose slightly in the air and hmphed and she turned her gaze from Golden boy to the thing she had landed on.

"Oh shishkabab!" Katara breathlessly whispered as she examined her surroundings. She was sitting on a dragon. A beautiful golden dragon that matched golden boys hair and eyes perfectly. The dragons massive wings flapped and made huge gusts of air that made branches below wave frantically. She was placed just above the dragons wings right behind golden boy. They flew just barely skimming the trees past busy streets. No one seemed to notice them at all. There eyes seemed to just pass by the dragon and her.  "This is not happening" Katara mumbled, "I am not riding a huge dragon. Oh dear fried pop tarts on a stick."

         "This dragon is very pretty."   Purred the dragon on Katara's shoulder.   Golden boy looked back at Katara surprised.  

         "Your dragon can talk!"   He exclaimed raising his eyebrows.   Golden boy made a mysterious thoughtful noise and turned back to the front petting the glowigscales upon the golden dragons neck.

            That reminds me,  what should your name be?     Katara thought to her dragon.   Quizzically scrunching her eyebrows trying to think of a really cool name for her dragon.   Wait, since when was he her dragon?

             I dunno,  Awesome Cool dragon?  List off some for me.

           Uhhhhh, Chris, Saphien, Kain, Verdi, Ocean-

           That's it!   Katara's dragon began to flap his wings excitedly. 

             "Do you think ocean is a to girly name for him?"  Katara asked golden boy thoughtfully pointing at the beautiful small dragon on her  shoulder.

            No that's it. Ocean him.   Ocęanim!  The newly named Ocęanim yelled excitedly and began to fly around Katara's head singing softly to himself.  "I have a name.  A name a name." 

          Golden boy snorted with laughter and suddenly banked left.   Katara screamed and felt the wind wish past her fast constantly changing in tempo and pitch.   She tensed up her face and the cold air began to pelt her face with strong sharp gusts.   She slowly relaxed her face and the air began to go around her instead of straight on her.   Katara slowly opened one eye and gasped.   They were flying above the clouds.   Her eyes shined with pure wonder.  And her odd little dimple by her eye appeared as Katara smiled with joy exhilarated.   Then golden boy whipped out a strange device that looked like a crystal ball.   He threw it out in front of them and Katara screamed as the ball turned into a swirling mass of bright colors and it -it... Turned into a door?   Katara watched as the Golden boys dragon calmly opened the huge door with a claw and flew in.   Katara felt her heart stop.  

           "Oh my mother cow."  Katara whispered as she took in the sight before her.   It was beautiful,  a bright moon shone in the sky but it was bright enough to be day yet stars still sprinkled the sky.   Rolling hills with bright flowers decked the ground.   And a huge palace like structure occupied the space in front of them.  It was silver, with gold embellishments on one corner and purple designs on another and green on another.  The grandest tower was all silver and seemed to glow.   All Katara needed now was an epic soundtrack and she would be in a movie.  

          "Welcome to Nevælia."  Golden boy  said and gestured I land around them.  "Your new home."

-------------

I am so excited to say this book is now ranked 245 in fantasy!  Holy fried pop tarts on a stick!  Right?  it's all thanks to wolfess21 and Hayleyautumns!   They are such create people and writers and cover makers!   So check then out for me please!  (If you haven't noticed yet I have an interesting way of 'swearing') Anyways as always just...

Vote

Comment

Share

                   -August Rose