Chapter Seven: Nevælia

Recap:

"Oh my mothers cow."  Katara whispered as she took in the sight before her.   It was beautiful,  a bright moon shone in the sky but it was bright enough to be day yet stars still sprinkled the sky.   Rolling hills with bright flowers decked the ground.   And a huge palace like structure occupied the space in front of them.  It was silver, with gold embellishments on one corner and purple designs on another and green on another.  The grandest tower was all silver and seemed to glow.   All Katara needed now was an epic soundtrack and she would be in a movie.

          "Welcome to Nevælia."  Golden boy  said and gestured to the land around them.  "Your new home."

-----------------Golden Boy's (a.k.a Quinn's) View (but not first person)

         Quinn watched as the girl he had met earlier took in the surroundings around them. Her face shined with pure wonder. The girl who was a dead look alike for Artemis. In fact they could be twins, could they be? Golden boy pondered his heart racing at the thought of a real heir to the throne but sank at the realization that this girl was way to young. If only the Artemis clone could have been Artemis's daughter... But no, Tara had died and she was never coming back. Quinn shook his head and tried to hold back the tears that threatened to come rolling out at the mention of Tara. He could still remember the day she had been taken away from him. Quinn let himself slowly fade off into the past and memories of Tara but jolted himself awake from the dangers of his mind. Quinn whispered "She's gone..." to himself and snuck a glance back to the Tara clone behind him. He slowly reached out to Sierras mind and felt the safe warmth that connected him with his dragon.

      Little one what troubles you? Sierra asked her soft wise voice filling every inch of Quinns mind.

Its just, She-she looks so much like,Tara, Si, Quinn responded in thought using his affectionate nickname for Sierra. He sighed softly and flinched under the brutal memories that threatened to escape, breaking free of the dam that held them in. Quinn mentally solidfied the walls that kept all his painful memories in and focused on what would happen soon with the girl. The one he felt so strongly attached to, probably because she looked so much like Tara. The way her ebony hair would ever so fiercely blow in the wind and how her grey eyes would sparkle when she was happy with such a pure life. And-and.

"Damn it!" Quinn shouted and jerked his body downwards into the position for a dive as the plummeted downwards. Sierra tucked in her winds and stretched out her neck diving downwards. Quinn heard the piercing scream of the girl behind him. Quinn instantly felt horrible and looked back scared for the poor girl. Instead of a shaking scared Humani girl he saw an exhilarated one who was clearly enjoying the thrill. Her black hair was pushed back behind her head flailing wildly in the wind and her turquoise highlight shined in the light from Likala's moon and stars. Quinn smirked and increased the speed before suddenly Sierra opened her wings and stopped them in mid air, then Sierra lightly floated down to the ground in the center of the Academy. Quinn hopped off Sierras glittering back onto the soft grass of Nevælia. Home once again. He glanced over at the humani girl only to see all her shinning black hair pressed up against her face and her grey eyes flickered with wooziness. She slowly close her eyelids on the glittering grey orbs and went limp sliding off Sierra. Quinns heart jumped and in an astonishing burst of speed rushed over to Sierra's side and caught the girl. Quinn cursed himself, he had forgotten how that steep fast plummet was so exhausting on the bodies for newbies. He slowly pushed the hair out of the girls face and traced the her high cheekbones as his heart fluttered at the Tara look a like and slowly turned himself around. Quinn muttered strange words.

     "Ašani vale Ełinra." And the golden gem around his neck began to glow softly as Sierras dragon body disappeared and her soul entered Quinns gem. He sighed in content and slowly made his way towards the silver tower. He was aware of ever single fiber of his being that touched the girl. The way her body fit so perfectly i. His like Taeas had.  To bad that she had to face the Nevæ council and not Queen Tarįssa. Even though she was not a true heir to the throne she was much more kind then the devious council and their meddling ways.   Quinn sighed once more and brought the Humani girl to the council room.  His footsteps echoed and hollow silver floors and the cold mirrored walls seemed to mock Quinn.  Memories in every frame of him and Tara.  He still kept a stoic presence and blank eyes as he pushed away the bittersweet memories.  His feet just kept leading him to the large door that would open to a room full of cunning lords and ladies who held only the smallest taste of power enough to drive one mad.  Quinn took a deep breath in and took one last glance at the girl in his arms.  He slowly caressed her cheek.  She looked so much like Tara, and with those grey eyes... No it wasn't his Tara.  Quinn knocked on the doors and held his breath as the grand shinning silver double door opened and Quinn blinked at the bright light that suddenly filled the room.  He looked around to see the room full of the typically smirking lords and ladies of the Nevæ council.  The Varin, head of the court, was currently held by his Aunt Sælin Senvar.   He saw her look up from her high spot in the round room.  Rising above all the other lords and ladies of the four.  Her familiar glare pierced Quinn.  Her ever cold gaze unyielding and cold.  She finally spoke loudly,