Chapter Three: Golden Eyes

Katara stood amazed as she looked upon the lady dressed in green. Now besides her in the clearing was a huge Jade green Dragon. It was beautiful, Katara could immediately tell it was a he. The dragons beautiful Wings were twice as large as its body that was already Ginormous. It had an arrow shaped head and had web like frilled skin surrounding its face. There was a Large imbedded stone on its forehead the glowed brighter then any star Katara had seen. Beautiful glowing white markings traced from the dragons snout down to his tail. Katara was frozen in shock. She didn't even think about how dangerous this women or the huge magnificent creature beside her could be. Instead she slowly stood up and began to walk towards the dragon and women as if in a trance.

Who are you young Rider? came a voice that seemed to pound in Katara's head bombing around in her skull. The voice was masculine yet beautiful. It was a melodic sound that reminded Katara oddly enough of when her mother would sing her goodnight.

"Who- who said that?" Katara voiced outloud still coming closer to the dragon and the women. Every Footstep she made seemed to resound in the small clearing, echoing. The women suddenly turned around to see Katara almost to the dragon. The young women gold eyes flashed in alarm.

"Get away from him Humani!" The women in green shouted and rushed to Katara her green cloak billowing in the crisp Autumn wind, trying to reach Katara before she could touch the dragon. But she was to late.

Katara brought her palm to the dragons snout and thought to herself. Who are you? She slowly stroked the glimmering scales of the dragons upper snout and the green dragon leaned into Kataras touch.

My name is Jade young Fledgling. Where is your dragon young one? And why is your smell masked like a Humani? Came the resounding melodic voice in her head.

"I don't have a dragon Jade," Katara began scrunching her brows in confusion, "And whats a Humani? Or A Fledgling? Or a Rider?" Katara slowly reached out to touch the glowing green stone on Jade's Forehead.

"STOP!" exclaimed the women in green. Katara jumped and shook her head as if coming out of a trace. Then her fear began to kick in.

"Who are you?"  Katara shouted her heart pumping with adrenaline as she began to back away from the dragon and the women. Her breaths came closer together as the rational logical part of her brain tried to overtake her creative side and make sense of what was happening.

"I should be asking you the same question," accused the women, "How can you see us? How did you know Jades name and why did Jade let you touch him?" The women began to circle Katara menacingly. The Women's Gold eyes seemed to bore into Kataras soul.

"I-I uhhh..." Katara racked her brain for anything to say but the overwhelming information was to much. kataras vision began to swim precariously and then the world went black.

----------------

Katara swirled in an empty darkness there was a light on the very bottom that glowed in a beautiful turquoise color. Katara could hear voices whispering and small images flickered in and out of her conciseness. She could faintly hear the lady who was dressed in a beautiful green outfit. Before she had her hood up so katara couldn't see her face but now Katara could. She was beautiful. Unnaturally beautiful. With pointed ears and white glowing markings that traveled from her forehead to the bottom of her ears.
"She's clearly a Humani!" The green woman said. "Jade you can be serious. She's not a Rider!" Thoose words seemed to echo in Katara's head. Not a Rider. For some reason Katara thought of the stone from her mothers box. All she wanted to do was get home right now. She had to! Katara fought the alarm in her body. It was just a little stone there was no reason to be so protective of it. Nothing could have hurt it while she was away.