Chapter 26

Hellloo! HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MICHAEL!!! It's not his birthday where he is anymore but it still is where I am so yay! Anyway I just wanted to talk a little about the story. So I am planning to continue this for a while longer, I still have some pretty big scenes planned out, but  for the most part I write the little details as I go. Also, Valerie and Adam are in a relationship as you know, but I'm not going to focus on their relationship and really write about it that much. I decided not to do this because the story is not really about that, it's about Calum and Valerie's relationship, and also most of you don't really like Adam anyway and don't want to read about his and Valerie's relationship. But that doesn't mean that he isn't going to pop up in the story a lot in certain chapters, and their relationship will still be progressing throughout the story I'm just not going to write about it. I am going to be focusing on Valerie's relationship with the other 5 seconds of summer boys as well, but mostly on her relationship with Calum. Whatever there ship name would be. Calerie I guess haha idk. 

ALSO I JUST WANT TO ENCOURAGE YOU GUYS TO KEEP COMMENTING AND VOTING BECAUSE I REALLY DO APPRECIATE EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM. I WANT TO MAKE SURE THAT YOU GUYS ARE LIKING THE STORY CAUSE IF YOU'RE NOT THEN I AM NOT GOING TO CONTINUE IT :(. BUT I REALLY DO LOVE READING EVERY COMMENT, CAUSE SOME MAKE ME LAUGH AND SOME ARE SO SWEET. ALSO FEEL FREE TO LEAVE ME ANY CRITICISM AND SUGGESTIONS YOU MAY HAVE. I WOULD LOVE TO HEAR FEEDBACK FROM YOU GUYS. OKAY ENOUGH WITH THIS BORING AUTHOR'S NOTE AND THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR 65K I LOVE YOU ALL SO SO MUCH. OKAY NOW YOU MAY READ 

Chapter 26

**Valerie's POV**

"What?" He asks, giving me a puzzled look.

"N-nothing," I reply nervously, my voice shaky, "I just I need to go," I hop off the bar stool and begin to make my way towards the door,

"Why?" He slurs, firmly grabbing my wrist, spinning me around to face him, "we just got here,"

"No we didn't, we've been here for like 3 hours, and I think it's time for me to leave," I state confidently, pulling my wrist from his tight grasp.

"Boo, you're no fun," He whines, taking another sip of his beer.

"Adam, come with me. I'm not letting you stay here alone, especially when you're drunk," I cross my arms across my chest, waiting for him to follow me outside,

"I'm sorry, I don't remember hiring a baby sitter," He scowls, followed by a burst of laughter in my offense.

"Fine, then you can stay here, alone," I roll my eyes and head for the door. Even though I don't feel like turning back around and dealing with him, I realize that he is drunk, and leaving him here all alone would be wrong. Adam is a student at University of Melbourne, and he lives in a fraternity house. I had only been to his fraternity once, and it was pretty intimidating. I had met one of his friends, named Aidan, so I decide to text him that Adam is drunk and is gonna need a ride home. I'm sure it would be much easier for Aidan to deal with Adam, rather than me.

"Where are you going?" Someone questions from behind me just as I reach the door. I turn to see Luke with a concerned look on his face.

"I'm going to get a cab back to campus, you two enjoy yourselves," I half-smile as I turn around and pull the door open.

"Valerie," He stops me from opening the door any further, grabbing my shoulder and gently turning me towards him, "What did he do?"

"He didn't do anything," I lied. Adam did do something. He did a lot actually. He pressured me into drinking a beer, which I hated and completely regret. He also ignores me for two and a half hours. Then I'm trying to be a caring girlfriend, and all he does is make fun of me. I don't care that he is drunk, that's his fault, and I don't want to deal with him. However, the main reason for why I'm leaving, is because of what I said to him after he kissed me. I'm so lucky that he actually didn't hear what I had said, because he would have flipped out. But that's not what's bothering me. What's bothering me is that I don't understand why I said it. I usually always know what I'm doing and understand how I'm feeling, but moaning Calum's name? It just doesn't make sense. I mean maybe I just said it because I was thinking about Calum. I didn't want to be, but I was. I probably just spoke what was on my mind, without realizing what I had said. I don't know, but that's not my main focus now. My main focus is to get out of this bar and then I can go back to my dorm and think about what happened for the rest of the night, "I'm just tired, I want to go,"

"Fine," He says, "But I'm leaving with you,"

"No Luke, you and Hannah enjoy yourselves, I'll be fine," I assure him.

"Valerie, even though I really enjoyed being out with Hannah, I promised you I would be here for you and look out for you, I'm not letting you go back to campus alone," He insists, waving Hannah over, signaling that we were leaving. She hops off the stool and follows us outside as Luke calls a taxi for us.

When we get back to campus, I briefly say goodnight to Hannah and Luke, and make my way up to my dorm. I am beyond exhausted and when I see Susan already asleep, I quietly change into sweats, wash myself up, and then crawl beneath the covers. I think long and hard about the situation that had just played out. I think for what feels like forever. I roll over on to my side, checking my phone to see that it's already 11:45 pm. I decide that I was a little harsh on Adam, so I tip-toe out into the hall, and call Adam to make sure he is okay. The nauseating beep, rings through my ears, but it soon goes to voicemail. I try calling again and again but it goes to voicemail every time. A huge knot forms in my stomach as I begin to get worried sick. What if he passed out in the bar, or even worse wandered into the street and got hit by a car? I'm a terrible girlfriend for leaving him alone in a bar while he's drunk.

I decide to call Aidan as a last resort, just to make sure he brought Adam home safely. After two rings he picks up,

"Hello?" His voice rings through the other end, and I can clearly tell he's wide awake.

"Hi Aidan, it's Valerie. Is Adam there?" My voice is shaky as I wait nervously for a reply.

"Well he was," He states simply.

"What do you mean, he was?" My words are rushed. Oh no, something terrible has definitely happened.

"Well I did what you said, I took a taxi to the bar, and drove him home in his car. I brought him back to the frat house and once he was sober enough he got in his car and drove away. He said he was going to talk to you,"

"Oh," Is all I reply, "Well thank you anyway, sorry to bother you,"

"Ehh, it's no big deal, Goodnight," He responds, before hanging up.

Just as I was about to open my door to go back inside, my attention moves to the stairs at the other end of the hall, when I see Ashton come rushing up them.

"Valerie, come quick," He mutters, clearly out of breath,

"What? What's wrong?" The worried tone in my voice returning,

"Your boyfriend," He says as he approaches me, "I think he's gone crazy"

"What?" I practically yell,

"Just come with me," He mutters, gripping tightly onto my arm, and pulling me along with him, down the hall and outside. He doesn't let go of my arm as I run with him straight to the parking lot.

Once we finally come to a stop in front of a small group of people, my jaw drops when I see Adam. I watch in terror as he throws a punch, hitting someone right in the eye. I watch the victim stumble back, falling to the floor, groaning from the agonizing pain. I move forward to get a better look, but just before Ashton pulls me back from getting to close, I see Calum's face shown in the moonlight. My heart shatters into a million pieces to see him in this state. I watch as he shakes the pain away, anger flashing in his eyes. He gets back up again and attempts to get his revenge, throwing his fist right towards Adam's face. Adam dodges the punch, just in time to catch Calum off guard, and nail him right in the lip. I shield my eyes from the blood that is now gushing from his lips. Adam grabs Calum's shoulders, attempting to shake the living day light out of him, Calum trying desperately to push him off. I know I am too weak to break this fight up, but not able to bare watching another minute of it, I quickly take action.

"Valerie stop," Ashton attempts to grab me and pull me out of the crowd but it's too late. I had already run to Adam, securely wrapping my hands around his waist, attempting to pull him away from Calum.

"Adam, cut it out!" I scream, but he doesn't take his hands off of Calum. "Just stop it already!" I plead, desperation in my voice. That's when I see Ashton jump into the crowd, carefully pulling a dazed Calum, from Adam's grasp. I don't loosen my grip around Adam's waist the slightest bit, as he tries to escape and attack Calum again. Eventually, he calms down, giving up with a sigh. Boredom takes over the small crowd knowing the fight is now over. Everyone walks away, just leaving me, Calum, Ashton, and Adam standing alone in the parking lot.

"Are you fucking crazy?" I swear, "You almost killed him," I notice Calum stiffen out of the corner of my eye once he notices my presence.

"I was just coming to talk to you," Adam defends himself, "He started it," I can clearly see his bloodshot eyes in the moonlight, so he is obviously still drunk.

"Why would you do that Calum?" I ask softly, turning to face him, disappointment clear in my tone.

"I think I'll just leave you all to work this out," Ashton says awkwardly backing away from us, and heading back to his dorm in the darkness.

Calum nervously looks towards me and then to his hand, as he wipes away some of the blood coming from his cut lip, "I didn't start this. Why would you think I would do such a thing? I thought we were friends now?" He taps his foot nervously on the pavement waiting for a reply.

"Yeah that's what I thought too, until you went through this unexpected change in mood, and all the sudden hated me," I spat, crossing my arms across my chest, and turning my head away from him.

"I don't hate you," His tone is soft. He pauses and I meet his sorrowful gaze, "Please don't think that,"

"Then why were you ignoring me?" I explode, unable to control my anger. I hate when he gets all soft. He knows it will make me feel bad for him.

His eyes widen at my harsh tone, "I wasn't ignoring you," He mumbles looking toward the floor, "I was just..."

"You were just what?" I ask, waiting for a reply,

"I-I was just confused," He stuttered, "But I didn't start the fight, that was all him"

"C'mon Valerie, who are you gonna believe? Your boyfriend or him?" He says with disgust as he motions in Calum's direction.

I look to Calum, who looks back at me with hopeful eyes. Then my eyes move to Adam who has the same egotistical look that he always has on his face.

"Let's just go Adam," I say grabbing his hand. A devastated look takes over Calum's face as I pull Adam in the opposite direction, leaving Calum in the parking lot, alone.

chasing love ;; cthजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें