Chapter 25: Awake and Unafraid

I walked into the hospital, my whole body shaking, I looked around and spotted Gabriel sobbing into Sam's shoulder. I walked over to them. "What happened?" I asked.

"Get. Out." Gabriel sobbed. "What?" I looked curiously at him.

"Get out!" He yelled at me, burying his head deeper into Sam's shoulder.

I nodded and walked around the corner, leaning on the wall next to the door.

"Please say you didn't do this because of me, Castiel." I muttered.

Why? He wouldn't do it just because we didn't talk? Would he? Or is it something else? Please be something else.

I walked out the door and went outside. I sighed and looked around before pulling out a pack from my pocket.

Dad gave me one a month back after coming back from a hunt, I've been doing it ever since. It's addicting.

I pulled out the small cigar, setting it between my lips, grabbing my lighter from the other pocket. I held the cigarette up and lit it. I inhaled the nicotine, taking it out and exhaled the smoke. I put it back between my lips, inhaling the smoke.

"Hey Dea-" I heard Sam say. "Dean Winchester. What the hell are you doing?!" He yelled at me, he walked up to me, pulled the cigar out of my mouth and threw it. "No. Cas is awake if you want to see him." He stormed back inside but I just stood there.

Dammit.

I stood there for several more minutes before getting off the wall and walking inside.

I walked up to the front desk to see Ruby. "Um hi Ruby, I'm looking for Castiel Novak." I drummed my fingers on the desk.

She did something on her computer before looking back at me. "He's in room 66, Dean." She smiled at me and I nodded.

I walked to Cas' room, fidgeting with the cuffs on my leather jacket.

I peered inside to see Gabriel sitting on Sam's lap on the nearest chair to Cas'.

I knocked on the door and their attention was drawn to me. "Hi." I smiled, Cas's eyes lit up and he smiled. Gabriel scowled and looked alway and Sam looked pissed.

"What, you done smoking now?" Sam snapped, I looked down. "Can I come in?" I asked Cas. "No, you can't." Gabriel answered. "I wasn't talking to you." I snapped back at Gabe. "Yeah, come in."

I pushed the door and came in. "Can you two go?" Cas asked the boy's, Gabriel looked like he was about to protest but Cas glared at him so he left, dragging Sam with him.

"I'm sorry." I whispered, he looked up at me confused. "What do you mean?" He asked. "For everything." I replied, he looked more confused. "Dean why would you apologize?" He asked again.

"For yelling at you for the stupidest reason and ignoring you for two months." I shoved my hands in my pockets.

"It's fine." He smiled at me. "If I didn't come here you wouldn't have done... that." I pointed at his wrists, his smile faltered. "Actually, if you didn't come here I would've done it sooner.0 he explained.

"W-what?" I looked at him concerned, he just smiled. He grabbed the collar of my shirt and kissed me. "How about you quit smoking?" He smirked after pulling away.

"How do you know?" I asked he raised an eyebrow. "Your breath tastes like smoke, and Sam told me."

"Oh."

"Lay with me." He said, I nodded and crawled into the small bed with him, spooning him.
---
Castiel's POV

I woke up, burying my head into something soft. I opened my eyes expecting to see Dean, but instead I got a pillow.

I looked around and saw my dad asleep on a chair. I looked around some more and saw Lucifer and Michael cuddled on the couch. "Dean?" I called out, no one.

I got up, holding the heart monitor with me as I walked out of the room. I looked all around but there was only nurses. I walked into the waiting room and saw a sobbing Gabriel. I walked up to him and crouched in front of him, tapping his shoulder.

"What?" He snapped as he lifted his head, rage filled his eyes, but his eyes softened when he saw me. "Their gone." Is all he said before burying his head in between his knees and crying some more.

No.

I pushed myself back onto my feet and walked back into the hallway.

I punched the wall and put my back to it, sliding down. I cried and sobbed until I fell asleep.

He's really gone.