"It's worked for me," he smirks giving me a wink.

"Speaking of, you and Trinity have been getting offaly close with each other. It is serious?"

"You know me I'm never serious."

"Oh come on Mark. You must feel something. I've never seen you spend that much time with a girl, and I don't count," I add in when I see him about to protest.

"I don't know," he sighs taking a seat on one of the stools, "she's cool but I don't know if we're there yet."

Just then the doorbell rings pulling us out of our conversation. I quickly get excited, hoping that Damien or Javier.

Hell, I hope it's both.

Instead, I open the door to reveal my mother. She looks so shiny and polished it's almost blinding.

She is dressed in a white blouse tucked into a high waist black skirt, with her blond hair is styled into a short bob, framing her face.

"Mom! What are you doing here?"

"What do you mean what I am doing here? It's Sunday, sweetie."

She walks past me through the door, letting herself in. She scans the living room then turns her head through the archway connecting the living room to the kitchen.

"Honey, this place is a mess. You should seriously think about getting a maid."

Mess?

This place has never looked cleaner. Usually, Mark has clothes thrown all over the place from having his many girlfriends over, or from throwing a party.

"I can't afford a maid mom," I inform her while closing the door.

"April who is it?" Mark shouts from the kitchen.

"It's-"

"Expecting anyone else?" my mom interrupts me, introducing herself.

She walks into the kitchen, revealing herself to Mark.

"Ah, Cora. How terrible it is to see you again," he tells her, not bothering to hide his annoyance.

Mark and my mom have a love hate relationship. Well mostly hate. Mark thinks my mom is a control freak, who is trying to make everyone as miserable as her, and my mom thinks Mark is anything evil ever.

It all started back in high school. Coming from Catholic school to a public school, I didn't have any friends. Unlike my Mark wasn't quite, he was actually quite popular with the girls and the guys. Mark was basically the school slut and he had no mind about it, nor did he care because he knew anyone who was talking bad about him, he had slept with or was already sleeping with.