Chapter 3

1 Month Later....

I'm sitting with Trinity, who is the receptionist on the 22nd floor, at her favorite café in Miami where we usually have our lunch break since we started working together. She's become a really close friend of mine. And today she decides on interrogating me.

"No, he doesn't," I try to tell her.

"Yes he does, you're the only person he ever says 'hi' to in the morning."

"That's because I'm his assistant, and I work more closely with him."

"That is not true because he fired his last assistant because she wore jeans to a business meeting, yet you wear jeans almost every day and you're still here," Trinity counters.

"But that doesn't mean anything, she could have been fired because of something else."

"Girl trust me it was the jeans."

"Oh my god April I got it," I look over to where the voice is coming from, to see Mark running towards me.

"Hey, what are you doing here?" I ask as I get up to hug him.

"I got a photo shoot with Vogue! Can you believe it?"

"Oh my god! How? When?"

Mark works as a model and this is the biggest photo shoot he has ever gotten.

"One of the managers in the Miami office liked my cover in Fashion Magazine and wants to put me in a spread of Vogue."

"Oh my god that's amazing!"

"Congratulations!" Trinity says, catching Mark's attention.

"Hello sexy. April why didn't you tell me you had such a sexy friend at your job? If I knew that I would have worked there."

"Pleasure to meet you, I'm Trinity," she says, reaching to shake Mark's hand.

"Oh, believe me, the pleasure is all mine."

"Well, Trinity this is Mark, Mark that's Trinity."

"Trinity, beautiful name for a beautiful girl," he says reaching to kiss her hand

"Mark do you have to flirt with everyone?" I ask him.

"It's not like you're gonna date her. You're already taken by that boss of yours."

"What! No, I'm not."

"You are," they both look at me and say at the same time.

"Ugh, I give up," I tell them both and flop back down to my seat.

"So Trinity, would you do me the favor of accompanying me to dinner Friday night."

"I would love too."

"Mark don't you have somewhere to be?" I ask.

"No, I don't, actually I think I want to join the two of you for lunch. Waiter, can I get another chair, please?"

~

I'm walking to my desk after lunch and Mr. Ward walks towards me.

"I need to see you in my office now."

"Yes of course. Do I need to take notes?"

"No."

I walk with him towards his office. He tells me to take a seat, then seats in the chair behind his desk. Oh, my god, this is it, I'm going to get fired too for wearing jeans.

"I wanted to talk to you about-"

"Before you say anything," I say cutting him off, "I can change."

"Really?"

"Yes, I can."

"But I like you just the way you are."

"Oh, well, in that case, never mind," I say laughing, but when I see him just staring at me in confusion I stop.

"I just wanted to tell you that I have a business meeting in Paris and I need you to come with me. We're going to be meeting with Javier Clint on the shared company we have with him. "

"Oh my god really! I mean yeah, of course."

"I need you with me to handle all the paperwork and take notes. We will be going in this weekend and staying all next week, I will pick you up."

"You know where I live?"

"Of course I do, I did a background check on you."

"That's, kind of creepy."

He walks around his desk to stand in front of me. He then leans down really like close like he's about to kiss me on the lips.

"Well, I intend to know everything about you."

"Um... I..." He leans even closer and I start hyperventilating. He smells so good.

"Are you ok April? You seem nervous. Was there something you wanted to tell me?"

"Um... one thing I wanted to know?"

"Yes."

"Did you really fire your last assistant because there wore jeans to a meeting."

"Yes of course."

"But um... I wear jeans."

"And?"

"You haven't fired me yet."

"Because I like you and I don't want to."

He leans in closer and I think he's going to kiss me on the lips, but he just gives me a peck on the cheeks. God, he smells good. Is this what it feels like to be horny? If it is, I'm feeling it.

"You can get back to work now."

"Yeah... Imma do that."

I quickly get up and leave his office before he can see me blushing.