He was approaching the abandoned Renault car as fast as he can.

This was not a good idea at all.

The supposed-to-be 'red' Renault car looked worn out and completely damaged, probably by an accident or so. Why on earth will Adam want us to hide there?

He got right beside the abandoned car that was facing the opposite lake nobody ever crossed. He bent down and I followed his action.

"You need to be really silent okay?" He looked at me.

I nodded. I was really scared. I've never been in a situation like this. Worst of all, in the middle of the night.

What if the two guys catch us? That means we're gone for life and I do not want to bring any disappointment to my parents.

I sat on the grass and looked at the area. It was so dark but there were little lights coming from the street lights that were way behind us. Ahead of Adam and I is a little part of the lake which when crossed, gets to a mini forest. I was also scared because we were facing a place with a lot of tall scanty trees and anything can come out from it and get into the lake right infront of us. Worst part is the boats and wooden platform were quite far from us at the back as well.

Adam glanced behind the car and bent down immediately.

"They're looking around from a distance. Don't move or breathe okay?" He said again.

I nodded trembling in fear. Then I realized what he just said.

"What-"

"Jokes babe. You can breathe but not too loud."

I rolled my eyes. Loud or not loud, I will breathe however I want.

"See-" he covered my mouth immediately when I was about to say something.

I heard footsteps walking towards the lake side.

"Check around the boats." I heard a deep voice.

"Sure man." I heard a lighter voice.

Adam removed his hands from my mouth and gestured for me to be quiet.

I nodded quickly with my eyes getting weak. What if they really do get us? I will be so dead.

I heard footsteps walking up and down the area, making my heart beat faster. They were really desperate in finding us.

"Nothing." I heard the lighter voice again.

"Check behind that abandoned car." The deep voice ordered.

My eyes opened in bewilderment.

I turned to Adam who looked as scared as I was. He turned to me and put his index finger on his lips.

We hear footsteps coming really close. I hold Adam's hand and squeezed it out of fear. I was really trembling. I've not been this scared in my life.

He put his other hand on top of mine and I turned to look at him. He was looking at me and his expression was that of consciousness.

"It's going to be fine okay?" He whispered.

I shook my head and felt my eyes getting wet.

It's not going to be okay. I am going to get killed tonight.

Adam squeezed my hands tighter as I closed my eyes in frustration while the footsteps kept getting closer and closer.

"I know you're hiding there..." The lighter voice said which made me start to cry.