Part Five

As Crystal and Brooke walk down the pathway, Crystal suddenly said,
"That was great. We should use our Mimickens for fun more often."
"Yeah, instead of for survival. What's it with you and that Gray guy?"
"Just a way to get under their skin. You know boys." Crystal blushes slightly.
"Don't even try. Boys are impossible; He could be 50 for all you know."
"50? You could have said something a little more, I don't know, possible."
"Still, he could be bad news. You shouldn't do anything until you know for sure."
Crystal rolls her eyes. "And you know him?"

Lucy starts listening intently from behind a bush.
"We both know what happened last time, Crystal. He loved you. You didn't have to break his heart. Especially on his birthday."
"He was getting really stalker-y. He asked me when I wanted to move in with him. That was really creepy. He had it coming."
"I guess so."

Lucy steps on a branch, putting the girls in high alert instantly.
"What was that?"Brooke snapped.
"Let me check it out," Crystal says, turning invisible.For a few seconds there was silence, until Lucy's shriek pierced through the air.
"I found her behind a bush. What do we do with this one?" Crystal asks, dragging Lucy out.
"Oh, Lucy, what's up? Crystal please put her down." Brooke says as Crystal, although a little put out, puts Lucy down.
"I saw you guys wandering out of the guild hall. I was wanting to tell you that you can always stay with me if you need to." Lucy says.
"Oh my gosh, thank you so much Lucy!"They say in unison. They start walking very quickly to Lucy's apartment. Lucy eventually catches up and walks with them.
*****************

They get home and Lucy starts up a conversation.
"So guys, are you going to the ball tonight for the anniversary of Fairy Tail's creation?" Lucy asks.
"Ooh, a ball! Sounds like fun, right, Brooke? " Crystal squeals eagerly.
"I'll go, but I'm not wearing a dress."  Brooke says crossing her arms
"I won't air paint a mustache on you for a month if you wear a dress."
"Really? Can you hold off for that long?"
"Ok, a week."
"Fine, but make it comfy. And no heels."
            *****************
  Lucy was ready before everyone else so she decided to go to the party early. About 1/2 hour later, Brooke and Crystal finally left, wearing combat boots, and Mimickens with their dresses.

Brooke's dress looked like water, with streaks of red and orange. Her hair in a low side bun. Crystal's dress looked like a flower, with petals falling to her feet on one side, and to her knees on the other. Her hair was now cotton candy pink, and was put into a very high updo. They wondered aloud what it would be like as they walked there.

When they walked in the room 5 minutes late, everyone stopped and stared. The girls all looked angry and jealous. The guys were literally drooling. Eww. It was safe to say that Brooke and Crystal looked stunning.

To be continued