This Girl Is On A Mission

AN:// Hope you enjoy this chapter, sorry about the time it takes to update. I have a question, would you guys read a sequel to this book, or would you want a new book (which I'm also currently working on)? Let me know, and I'll do my best! Also, thanks for all of your messages - I love hearing from you! Don't forget to vote, comment and share. Enjoy! :)

Bianca's POV
"I can't believe he just dropped you!" My best friend yells at me, as she picks at a cushion on my bed.
"He hasn't dropped me Mills, I completely get what he's on about." I tell her, trying to show her that I understand where he's coming from. Obviously she doesn't, as my sentence earns me a strange look from Millie, but she goes back to picking apart my cushion.
"Sure you do." She nods skeptically.
"I need to focus on my school work, with all the time I took out, I'm not even sure if I'm going to be able to register for sixth forms!" I tell her.
"Like that's going to happen." Millie says, rolling her eyes. "You were like months ahead of everyone anyway. You're just giving people a chance to catch up with you." She continues, and for a brief moment, I swear I saw a glint of resentment in her eyes. It's that type of look that is a mixture of emotions and is messed up. It's that look that makes the sender feel guilty. The guilt must've hit Millie because she quickly went quiet.
"Yeah I guess." I mutter dismissively and carry on surfing Facebook.

*ping*

My eyes flicker to the message bar, where a red circle attempts to notify me that I have a new message but I ignore it and try to focus my attention on the video of the cat jumping from a cucumber.
"Why aren't you answering it?" Millie asks, making me jump as I don't realise that she's standing just behind me.
"Jheez Mills! Do you mind?!" I ask, willing my heart to return to it's normal beating pattern. She just shrugs and turns back to sit down on my bed. Truth is, I don't want to open the message notification because I know it will either be Daniel or Blake. I don't want to accept the sad realities of both of the situations I am in with them. One, an ex who appears to be in love with me, and another, a boyfriend who doesn't seem to care about me. No thanks, I'd rather stick to my cat and cucumber videos!
"Stop being such a whimp and just look to see who it is!" Millie begs me.
"Seriously?! Why do you want to see who it is so much??" I shout at her, the frustration clear in my voice.
"I just want you to be happy..." She trails off and begins to examine her outfit in my mirror.
"I am happy." I tell her, trying to convince her - or myself.
"Yeah yeah. Just look at the message, okay?" She says and rolls her eyes.
Hesitantly, I hover over the message icon and click on it. Jess' slutty profile picture appears in a little circle on the left of my screen.

Wow, you really know how to pick em.
Her message reads, along with a link.
"So... Who's it from?!" Millie asks eagerly.
"Jess?" I say, my answer coming out as more of a question.
"What does she want?!" Millie asks, disgust clear in her voice. By this point, Millie is at my side again and reading over my shoulder.
"What's that supposed to mean?!" Millie squeals, obviously growing angry. You can tell when she is angry from the tone of her voice - it gets incredibly high.
"I-I'm not sure." I say barely audible. Taking a deep breath, I click the link which redirects me to a blank webpage, with a small square in the middle of it. It takes me a second to realise that it's a picture that is loading. At first, the picture appears pixelated and it's completely useless to try and see who or what is going on.
"Uh, I don't think this is such a good idea." Millie says, taking a step back from behind me.
"What? Why?" I ask impatiently, the picture still won't focus.
"It's sent from Jess so it can't be good, can it?" She points out, and I nod, deciding that whatever it is is unimportant and I don't need to see it. My mouse moves to the red 'x' at the top of the screen which shuts down the page. But the picture loads.

I just sit there, unable to speak.
"B, are you okay?" Millie asks, but my brain doesn't process what she is trying to say. "Bianca?" She asks again, placing a hand on my shoulder.
I can't believe what I see. But nonetheless, there Blake is, smiling on my screen. With a girl. And his arm draped round her waist. They're at a party. Tears prickle my eyes and threaten to run down my face but I try to blink them away.
"I hate to say this, but there's an arrow..." Millie points out. I hadn't realised it until then, but next to the photo, there is an arrow, pointing to the right, like the photo is in some sort of slideshow.
Unsure of what I might find, I click the arrow, only to feel my heart break yet again. This picture shows Blake dancing with the girl, their bodies a couple of centimetres away from each other. The next photo shows Blake leading the girl upstairs. The arrow carries on appearing but I feel too sick to carry on looking. I don't want to know what happens next.
"Bianca, he's a twat!" Millie assures me, rubbing my shoulder soothingly.

It's moments like this that make or break a person. I have 2 decisions, I could break down and cry. Feeling sorry for myself, I could binge watch Netflix series and eat ice cream, mourning over the loss of my boyfriend, and one of my best friends. Or, I could carry on. Pull through and put on a brave face. He doesn't have to make me feel bad, he doesn't have to have that power. I take a deep breath, shut my eyes and choose.

"We're on a break Mills. He can do what he wants." I say heavily. Maybe Millie can see through my face that I just painted on but she doesn't call me out on it.
"Okay," she says, "Well, I'm feeling a major shopping spree coming along!" She carries on, obviously trying to cheer me up. But I don't want to go with her. I mean I don't want her to think that I'm upset by Blake's actions but do I really want to be trudging round a shopping centre, when my mind is somewhere else?
"Er- I think I'm just going to study tonight." I tell her, trying to palm off her offer subtly.
"Ha yeah, it's funny because you think I was offering. It's not an offer, it's an order. Get dressed, I'll be downstairs. We're leaving in 5 minutes." Millie tells me and marches out my room before I have time to protest. I guess it seems like I have no choice, I'm going shopping.

Millie's POV
As soon as I'm downstairs, I pull out my phone and dial the number. It rings twice and is then picked up.
"What the hell?" I shout down the phone. I wait for the reply.
"Oh don't give me that!" I say, my voice sounding bored. I congratulate myself on my tone of voice, I actually sound relatively scary. The line is quiet and then the reply comes.
"Oh yeah remember? You know now?" I accuse angrily. A timid voice answers, sounding sheepish.
"She's fine." I say rolling my eyes. Textbook move I think. But scold myself realising that you can't see a roll of the eyes over the phone. His voice is slightly worried and I drop my guard for a second.
"Not good. She's not okay!" Immediately I regret saying that. I need to seem strong. There is no reply this time but the phone is still active.
"We're going shopping. Sort it out!" I shout down the phone and hang up before he has a chance to reply.

Bianca's POV
Just as I leave my room, I hear Millie shouting downstairs.
"Sort it out!" I hear her shout and then it goes quiet except from the sound of her pacing feet on my floor. I walk down my stairs, purposefully annunciating my steps to make my presence known.
I don't want to know who Millie was shouting at or what she was shouting about.
"Hey." I say softly, causing her to glance up at me from her phone.
"Let's go!" She says to me, linking her arm through mine and almost dragging me out the door. I quickly pick up my keys and slam the door shut. God, this girl is on a mission!