Chapter 25

Alison POV

"Alright Glee! This week we're doing a category I think you'll all enjoy." Mr. Schue grins at us and I wait for him to say it as he writes it down on a whiteboard and we all see Adele on it. I gasp, "oh my gosh I love Adele she is like. Beyond amazing."

"She is like the Whitney Houston of today," Kurt marvels and we all grin widely.

"Yes Adele everyone. I want you all to work in pairs. By the end of the week I will pick a winner and that winner will get dinner for two at the Grille. My treat."

I look around and Rachel goes to Quinn who waves her over while Finn walks over to me, "hey. Alison?"

"That's me."

He nods with a smile, "wanna work together? You have an amazing voice. I think we'd sound good together."

"This isn't because you're salty that you and Rachel aren't together so you're trying to make her jealous?"

He stares at me and gulps, "what? No. No of course...not..."

I chuckle and nod, "sure."

"Great. Any ideas?"

"I think I got a song. Just follow along," I wink and stand up, "Mr. Schue. Finn and I are ready. We'll set the example," I smirk at Santana who is eyeing me down angrily. I shrug innocently and Finn and I go in front of the stands.

"There's a fire startin' in my heart

Reachin' a fever pitch and it's bringin' me out the dark

[Finn]

Finally, I can see you crystal clear

Go ahead and sell me out and I'll lay your ship bare

See how I'll leave with every piece of you

Don't underestimate the things that I will do

There's a fire starting in my heart

Reachin' a fever pitch and it's bringin' me out the dark

The scars of your love remind me of us

They keep me thinkin' that we almost had it all

The scars of your love, they leave me breathless

I can't help feelin'...

[Both]

Everyone sings backup for us as we them all and I look at Finn, dancing slowly with him.

We could have had it all (You're gonna wish you never had met me)

Rolling in the deep (Tears are gonna fall, rolling in the deep)

You had my heart inside of your hand (You're gonna wish you never had met me)

And you played it to the beat (Tears are gonna fall, rolling in the deep)

[Alison]

Baby, I have no story to be told

But I heard one on you and it's gonna make your head burn

Think of me in the depths of your despair

Makin' a home down there as mine sure won't be shared

[Finn]

The scars of your love remind me of us