Chapter 16

2 Months Later (December 31, 2014)

Alison POV

2 fucking months and the damned police have gotten nothing but dead ends! The car that hit my best friend was stolen and her blood hasn't been found anywhere else. No DNA remnants, no fingerprints and people are starting to say that she's dead.

She's not dead! She's Emily fucking Fields! She doesn't die. She promised that we'd grow old together.

I mean, I guess Toby has helped with distracting me I guess but honestly? I'm not as into him as I thought I was. I used to be obsessed with having him like me. But now...my only focus is on Emily and how long it will take for her to just come home into my arms where I know she'll be safe.

Emily POV

I wake up with a dry, empty feeling in my mouth and my stomach is growling like Chewbacca. 

"Please...just...I need food Toby." I sniffle and he chuckles, "nope. The more you suffer, the happier I am. Alison and I are doing amazing, by the way. She's falling harder and harder by the minute."

I clench my jaw and he looks at me in his outfit for the day. "Maybe we'll fuck again..."

"You son of a bitch! Don't you touch her!" I try to break out of the chair but he pokes me with the taser stick and I cry out painfully and weakly.

"She's my girlfriend. Not yours. Remember? She rejected you."

I shut my eyes and picture Alison's beautiful smile.

"I forgot about you," she says to me and I gulp.

"I love Toby. I rejected you for a reason Emily. I don't even think about you anymore."

I hang my head as I stare at the blood stains on the cement floor. "Depressed huh? Realizing that Alison doesn't care anymore? Boo-hoo. You know, if you two didn't do the whole fake lesbian thing in the first place, none of this would've happened."

I sniffle and whisper, "fuck you."

"I'm sorry, what was that? Can't hear you." He takes the bowl of water and I cry out, "no. No please!"

He pours it on me and I shut my eyes, waiting for the electricity. 

When it hits me, it spreads throughout the water on me. I scream out loudly and feel my body shut down. My eyes shut before I realize what's happening and in a split second, everything goes black.

Charlotte POV

"If you want to win you have to have more power," Hanna says and I groan, "Hanna can we stop now? It's winter break. I am tired and want to sleep."

"No can do sweet lips. We're not done until you nail this. Now. I know what the problem is."

I sigh, "what's the problem then?"

She smiles and walks up onto the stage with me, "go ahead. Sing something that you actually enjoy singing."

I smile and nod, "I have an idea."

"Perfect. Go ahead gorgeous." She kisses my cheek and I smile, "I need your help though."

She frowns, "what?"

"It's a mashup. You sing I feel the Earth Move and Hand in My Pocket...just. Follow my lead angel." 

I turn to the band and nod, "hit it guys."

"What are you two doing?" Alison asks and I laugh, "have a seat."

Other people start looking in curiously when they hear the music playing and I smirk, turning to Hanna.