Chapter 13

Emily POV

Alison stares at me as I walk off the stage, "Emily-" "Don't," I hiss and shove her shoulder with my own and I can feel her following me as I go into my room, slamming my door behind me.

Charlotte POV

"Why are you here?" I say to Toby and he gulps, "I uh...just here to help."

I narrow my eyes and shake my head, "you're here because of Alison aren't you."

"Yeah. Man I'm falling for her. Yeah, me Toby Cavanaugh is falling for a girl big time."

I gulp, "holy shit. And I'm guessing that Alison feels the same way?" Toby smiles and nods happily, making my heart ache, "poor Emily..." "no don't worry! Emily knows all about it! And actually she is 100% on board with Ali and I," he says with a proud smile which makes me frown in despair. "I wouldn't be so sure..."

"What do you mean?" His smile falters as he starts getting worried. Should I spill? Toby deserves to know the truth by now. This has gone on too long and Alison has been lying to him!

"You might want to sit down for this buddy," I advise and he frowns but obliges, finding a chair to sit in.

Emily POV

"Can we talk about that toast?" Alison opens my door and I scoff, "Toby?! You brought Toby here?!" I shout at her with such an anger that makes her back up in shock.

"Ems I swear I didn't. He showed up, surprising me...I swear. How did you-" "I saw him crawl out from under the table like a fucking cockroach." I shake my head and she looks down, ashamed of herself.

"I thought the two of you were done! Why did you tell me." I slap my hands to my sides and she brings her head up to look at me, her eyes watery but she held her composure, "because every time I bring Toby up you freak out."

I scoff, "no I don't."

"You're doing it right now!" She screams and I shut my eyes, feeling my heart cracking at her screams. I hate it when she's mad at me or when she yells at me. It hurts so much.

"And I think I know why," she says with a calm tone and sympathy, making me chuckle with my tear-filled eyes.

"Trust me, you have no idea."

I turn around and look out the window at the party.

"Emily...do you have feelings for me?"

I shoot my head up as my heart catches in my throat. My body instantly turns her way and I scoff, "w-what? Ew, no...gross."

She sniffles, "I can tell when you're lying."

"Oh really? Cause I have been lying my ass off ever since we kissed at that stupid homecoming assembly." Our eyes are locked on each other's and she looks at me, disappointed and dear god I cannot tell you how much pain that look causes me.

"You've been having these feelings for weeks and you never told me?"

"HOW WAS I SUPPOSED TO?!"

She jumps and I sniffle, trying to wipe my tears and Alison says in a small, vulnerable voice, "please calm down..."

"I was so scared that I would lose you," I say finally and Alison smiles, "you could never lose me Emmy. You're my best friend."

She walks closer and takes my hands, making my heart jump a few beats. I gulp and she sighs, "this is...nothing. You're just confused right now and-" "no no Alison I'm not confused. I know that you feel something whenever we kiss and we almost kissed in my bed that one time-" "Emily."