"Yes." I smiled. "Thanks, Mom. I'll go do my homework now."

"Yes."

Even though Mom told me that, I still wasn't sure whether I should boldly talk in front of Ashika. I guess I just didn't have the guts to. So, I remained quiet when I was around her.

Hayakawa tried approaching us during lunch. Yes, I even had to eat lunch with her. What a pain in the ass. I might as well feed her her food.

"Suzume, can we talk?" she asked.

Ashika frowned, staring down at her meal. "No. Go away."

"I want to talk, though," Hayakawa said.

"No. Go away."

"Suzume. Come on! Don't you want to be friends again?"

"No. Go away."

"But I want to try and fix this, Suzume," Hayakawa persisted. "Don't you? Are you really going to say that you don't ever want to be friends again?"

"Go away." She was gritting her teeth now, glaring at the table. Her fists clenched and unclenched.

"Why don't you go talk to her?" I asked quietly.

Her glare latched onto me. "What did you say? Minion."

"Go talk to her," I replied with a blank face. "It's not like you have any other friends." It was true. The two of us were sitting all by ourselves at a table near the back of the cafeteria.

"How dare you!" Ashika yelled. She stood up, looking like her head could explode any moment from sheer anger. That'd be nice to see. Really, it'd be the most beautiful thing I'd ever seen in years. Maybe in all my life. Kinda like seeing a triple rainbow all the way!

"Please, Suzume," Hayakawa pleaded.

"Really, I feel quite bad for Hayakawa-san," I continued, settling back in my seat. "Always putting up with your crap. I wouldn't be able to stand it. And now she's giving you a chance to apologize and make-up and hug and all that fluffy shit."

Her eyes were bugging now. "You-You."

Hehe. I wonder if her head is going to explode.

"Fuck you!" she screamed. Then she turned to Hayakawa. "And you too! You're both-both complete

assholes!"

Then she stormed out, once again attracting the curious and slightly frightened and disgusted stares of students.