It was day four. At least Mom and Dad were extremely busy with work, so I was free to sleep in until ten- thirty before getting nagged at by Azumi.

I still hadn't called Mitsukuni. It was starting to get annoying. I could picture his smiling face in my mind, but it wasn't quite enough. I really wanted to hear his voice. Ugh. Something painful was tugging at my chest, squeezing my stomach around. My heart throbbed when I thought that there were still three more days to go.

"Hey how come you haven't emailed me?" An email from Ryota. "You're even emailing Kenta!"

I frowned at the new message, then began pacing back and forth in the kitchen. I was baking brownie cookies today. How should I respond to this? How could I respond to it? Tease him? I guess being blunt and honest was best. "I don't know what to talk to you about," I wrote back.

His reply came a few moments later: "Have you read VV? It's really good mystery scifi kind of thing." "Oh yeah! I read that like last year. It was good. ^^"
"I liked BJO better by that author."
"Nooo, VV is the best. BJO is just too ugh."

"Is it sad that I know what you mean when you say that?" "No :D"

"Rika-sama, Funaki-sama has come to visit," Azumi called as she entered the kitchen with said demon trailing behind her.

"Dear lord," I typed to Ryota. "I'm being visited by the most obnoxious human being I know!" Azumi left the kitchen quickly, leaving Minoru to stand there with a smile. "Hello, Rika-san." "Hello," I replied barely giving him a glance. I returned my attention to Ryota's reply.

"Who is it? Is there any chance I can meet this obnoxious being?"

"Funaki Minoru. And probably not. Unless you come here this instance, lol." "I wish I could."

I bit my lip. I couldn't just forget that Ryota was... Ryota. He was my second best friend - cause Akane came first - and definitely someone I valued. Plus, being an ex-crush, there were still leftover feelings. He was special.

"Hey, are you just going to ignore me?"

I looked up at Minoru just as the oven bell rang. I snapped my phone shut and went to the oven, saying, "I'm not ignoring you. I'm just choosing to direct my attention to somewhere else." I pulled the tray out. "Do you want some?"

"What is it?"

"Brownie cookies," I replied. "Basically brownie dough baked as cookies." I set the tray down and turned the oven off.

"Hot!"

Whirling around quickly, I saw Minoru clutching his fingers.

"You touched the cookies?" I asked in disbelief.