I Teach my Dumb Big Brother a Lesson

As I was heading downstairs for breakfast, I stopped at the bottom of the stairs to think. Because a few weeks ago, I would have found it surprising that Zac would have been at the café, eating nothing but seafood. But now that I know that he is a merman, it makes me feel more like an outsider in front of him. Sure he's kind of like me. I thought. But what am I to my brother anyway? I'm worse than his annoying sister; I'm a freak for crying out loud! It didn't really matter anyway at the time anyway. He would never understand that a mermaid tried to kill me but ended up killing my father. He probably never even trust me to tell me his secret, even if I tell him about my powers. I just wanted to find my mother, someone who actually understands what it's like being alone and growing up not knowing who you really were, even though you were raised by a kind family.

"But I swear." I announced. "If it's the last thing I do, I'm going to find my mother!" And avenge my father...

Line Break...

As I was now at school, I figured I wouldn't be seeing my brother to say hi, because he was busy studying for this big test, that freshmen can't take. It was supposed to be some sort of standardized math test. Right then, I was not interested in that test for a long time. I went to my first period class, no knowing that today my relationship with my brother would never be the same again.

Line Break...

I was heading to my locker when I spotted Ms. Santos there. Uh-oh. I am so massively screwed.

"Blair, may I talk with you please?" She asked with her hands on her hips. "Alone?"

We walked to her office. I could only think that she must have found out that it was Rosalina who photo-docked the techers heads onto big fat animals a couple of weeks ago as a prank.

"Blair, do know your brother well?" Rita asked as we entered her office and she stood behind the desk.

"Yes ma'am" I replied scared. Can you blame me? I was trying to not get in trouble.

"Don't be scared dear." Rita said, walking towards me, around the desk and placing her hand on my shoulder, like she did care about me. "Has he ever cheated on specific tests, like todays? When I locked the door and left my questions in the room under well care?"

I pondered for a minute. Had Zac really cheated? It just didn't seem right. Or even like him.

"So you're saying that my brother stole the test questions?" I asked. "But how?"

"I don't know." Rita said. "Unless your brother suddenly gained the ability to turn invisible and unlock doors with his mind." Scared, I held back a gulp.

"But Ms. Santos, you still have no proof that Zac took the test questions." I tried to reason. "Besides why are you telling me this and not my parents?"

"One. I know my students, and I saw Zac in this room." Rita explained. "He wasn't as invisible as he had hoped." If I find out that Zac had actually cheated, he was going to have to answer to moi. "Second, since you are siblings with Zac, and close friends, it would seem fitting that you inform him of this, because you have a close relationship with your brother. You may go."

I left Ms. Santos's office. I just found it hard to believe that someone as kind and as compassionate as Zac could do something as...wrong as cheating. Thinking quick, I turned to a friend of mine, a computer nerd of some sort (A.N, nerd power! ). He goes by the name Matthew Mitchibata. He could basically hack into anything. You name it, he could hack it. I knew just where he would be at this time. And what he can hack, specifically Zac's phone. I entered the freshman computer terf. That's where the 9th grader computer experts do their magic. I knocked on the door.