"I can't sleep."
"And? Can you hurry up?"
"And... I don't know what to do."
"Do you want to come over?"
He can read my mind! Oh dang, he can read my mind!
"Can I?" I asked quietly. Please say yes! Please say yes!
"Hurry up and be quiet about it."
"Okay. Thanks, Mitsukuni!"
"Oh yeah, be careful. If you get kidnapped again, then I think that kidnapper might die this time." "What are you saying, Mitsukuni?" I asked with a small giggle.
"I'm tired!" He whined. "Now hurry up and come over."
"Okay!"

We hung up as I hopped out of bed, suddenly invigorated. I turned on the lamp at my desk and found a post- it note. I scribbled a quick message to Azumi: "If I'm not in bed, then I'm at Mitsukuni's. Can't sleep. I'm fine. If you're worried, just send someone over to Mitsukuni's house. Or call my cellphone. Thanks. - Rika."

That should do. I slapped it onto my pillow, grabbed Hiro, and then opened my window. Screw it all! I hopped out of the window and did my best to shut it from the outside. Then I dashed across the lawn towards Mitsukuni's house.

But, exactly, how would I get to him?
My phone buzzed in my hand. It was Honey. "Hello?" "Where are you?"

"Lawn," I said. I tried to take a deep breath to not sound like I was panting. "I'm at the side of your house that's next to mine."

"Okay, hang on. I'll come find you." He hung up. Wasn't he tired?

A moment later, a door slid open. Honey stepped out and waved at me, in his light blue bunny pajamas. How cute. I ran over to him, clutching Hiro to my chest. Oh wait, I'm wearing my pink striped pajamas too. Oh well, it's not like their strange, ugly, or embarrassing.

"You brought Hiro-chan?" He asked, grabbing my right hand and pulling me in. I nodded, sliding the door shut behind me. "Are you sure it's okay-"

"It's fine. Just be quiet." He pulled me through an empty hall, down another, and to his bedroom. We slipped in and were soon tucked under his warm covers.

"Why can't you sleep?" Honey asked. His voice was warm and sleepy, and I could see his eyelids drooping. "I haven't been able to sleep very well lately." I replied with a shrug.
"And you can if you're with me?" He smiled in a teasing way.
I grinned back. "Maybe." I snuggled into him. He didn't mind at all, pulling me close.

We were quiet for a while, and we were very, very close. Oh crap. I don't think I'll be able to sleep like this after all!

My heart drummed away, beating faster than usual. Yup, no way I can sleep with this fast and loud of a heart beat.

"Relax, Rika." Honey murmured. He was already falling asleep. "You're safe here."

"I know." I replied in a whisper. I relaxed, slightly. "It's just that - this was the second time already, Mitsukuni. And they say that the third time's the charm, right? What if... What if the next time, they really do get me?"

Honey inhaled slowly. Maybe he was already asleep. "They won't." He opened his eyes, and those sweet brown eyes were dark but affectionate. He pulled me closer, until I was tucked under his chin. "I won't let them. I won't let that happen."