I leaned towards him to try and hear what Mom was saying. He glanced at me, as if considering asking me to not listen in, then he shrugged.

"Hello, Haninozuka-kun. This is Rika's mother."
"It's nice to meet you, ma'm." Honey replied politely. It's a good thing Honey has such good manners. "Yes, I heard you saved Rika from the kidnappers... Thank you."
Wow, surprise! Mom is saying thanks!

"It's nothing, Oshiro-san. I wanted to save Rika for my own reasons." Honey said, sounding serious unlike his usual childish self. What? What reasons? A sense of duty since we're friends? Or because we're faking a relationship?

"Could Rika stay by your side for the next few hours? If it's not much trouble, and once I get back, I'll take her off your hands."

What am I, a little kid needing to be babysat? I frowned.

"It's not trouble at all!" He replied cheerfully, grinning. "It'll be fun actually."

"Good. Thank you, Haninozuka-kun. Good bye then."

"Bye." Honey snapped my phone shut and handed it back. "Seems like we'll be playing together today!"

I nodded. "Guess we'll just..."

"Cake?" He suggested, a twinkle in his eyes.

"Oh! That's it!" I grinned in satisfaction. "Why don't you come over and eat some cake? I'll make the cake! There's something I want you to try!"

"Okay!"

When I stepped out of the limo, Azumi came running from the door to us. "Rika-sama!" She yelled, screeching to a halt in front of me. Her arms seemed to flitter indecisively about for a moment before settling on my shoulders.

"I'm back, Azumi!" I said with a cheerful grin.

She stared at me with an open mouth, before smiling warmly herself. "Yes. Welcome home. I'm glad you're safe."

We entered the house. Only Honey came in, since Mori decided to go back. The two of us went to the kitchen

quickly.

quickly.

I started baking immediately, just a plain, yellow cake. He watched in fascination while I worked.

"You've never seen anyone baking a cake before?" I asked him, mixing the eggs in.

"I have. Just not you," He replied.

I explained what I was doing and what ingredient did what to the taste, texture, and appearance of the cake. Then I threw the batter into the oven.