For my father, there never seems to be a casual question. That is what I noticed throughout the years. He and my mother are so aware of others and can pick up little expressions like naturals.

"It's nothing." Robin and I say at the same time, which further incriminates us.

"Alright." My dad shrugs before lighting up at the sight of the waitress with our food. He almost beams as the plate is placed in front of him.

"Delicious." My dad sighs in content at the first bite. He scoops the whip cream and licks it in an upbeat manner.

"I married a weirdo." My mother shakes her head and laughs.

"I'm not as weird as you." My father takes a bite at the strawberry on my mother's fork.

"Whatever you say." My mother smiles in an amused manner.

The rest of the brunch continues in a light manner as opposed to the somber mood from yesterday. The brunch consists of my parents teasing each other and then teasing Robin or me. My parents really brighten the mood up naturally. I guess they want to leave on a good note. Thinking about them leaving, I feel saddened since it really reminds me of how shit everything has become. When we finish, I head to the restroom with my mother.

"Are you okay?" My mother looks at me worriedly. "You were a little quiet today, more so than Robin."

"I just have a lot on my mind. It's been a rough few days. I'll be fine." I give her a small smile.

"If you want, I can stay a little longer with you. We can have some quality mother-daughter time. Maybe we can have some wine and watch movies. I feel like we haven't had some quality time in a long time." She hugs me affectionately as she says this.

"I mean we had that training quality time." I joke half-heartedly.

"It isn't the same." She smiles. She places her purse on the side as she washes her hands. "Oops, I left my jacket in the stall." She walks over to the stall and I realize this is the perfect opportunity to switch the flashdrives.

I hesitate. This is my own mother that I'm stabbing behind her back. I stare at her opened purse and realize the window of opportunity is closing in seconds. Do I want to do this? My heart thumps as I see the bathroom stall open once more. I grow angry at myself for succumbing to the other person's demands so easily. I am not going to break my own mother's trust in me. I will not let someone else control my life. I can make my own decisions. I can protect my friends and families.

I clench the flashdrive they gave me in my hand and stare at the nasty thing. I put it back into my pocket and look at my mother. She stares at me obliviously.

We meet Robin and my father outside the restaurant. "We are heading straight to the airport. Your uncle flew his private jet over." My mother states as she almost tears up.

"Aww mom, why are you getting so emotional?" Robin frowns at her and hugs her tightly. Robin is more than a head taller than my mom already, something that is always strange when I notice it.

"I hate leaving you two. I never know when I'll see you guys again." She frowns with sad eyes. She pulls me into the hug with Robin as she squeezes us very tightly. I experience how strong she is once again as she does this. "You two better call me at least once a week."

"Yes, mom." I smile at her fierceness. "No need to be melodramatic. We are literally a call away. Plus, Leo's got that jet of his." I reassure her even though she always worries so much.

"Bye dad." I hug him tightly.

"Bye sweetie. Make sure you take of that troublemaking brother of yours." My father whispers in my ear as he lifts me up.