"Skye?"

I slowly raise my head, not wiping the tears and Zeke meets my eyes. He smiles weakly and I force a smile back. He's wearing a pair of blue pajama bottoms, his toned stomach on show and his hair sticking up at odd angles.

"You okay?"

"I watched them die. I watched each person be murdered because of me. I watched the heroes try to protect their loved ones. But they were all killed. Me and Ward were the only survivors."

Zeke sits beside me, wrapping an arm around my shoulder and pulling me against him.

"It's okay. It's all over now."

I wish I could believe him.

*

My eyes flicker open, begging to stay closed but I force myself awake. Zeke has his arm wrapped around my shoulders and Im tucked against his chest, my face in his shoulder, sat in his lap. I glance up, seeing a small smile on Zeke's sleeping face and I hide a chuckle. My fingers brush along his muscley arms as I cuddle against his hot body.

"Mm, are you awake?" Zeke whispers into my ear, his breathing tickling my skin.

"Yeah, I only slept for a few hours." I point out.

"Did you fall asleep on the floor?" A small voice asks.

We both look up to see Lucas stood beside us, wearing a shirt and jeans, with his blonde hair gelled slightly up with spikes. His forest eyes shine bright with happiness, like they always have.

"Yeah, it is actually quite comfy down here." I point out and Lucas starts to laugh.

"Is Hope driving you to the Industry?" Zeke questions, keeping his arm wrapped tightly around me.

"Yes. She's just doing her hair, but I know that will take a while." Lucas smirks and I laugh quietly to myself.

"Are you ready, Lucas?" Hope shouts, marching into the living room in a simple black skater dress with black pumps, her dark hair showering her pale face and making her stand out.

"I was waiting for you." Lucas argues, grabbing his black rucksack from the drinks bar in the corner and standing at the door.

"Bye!" They both shout, closing the door behind them.

I sigh as Zeke tightens his grip around me, pulling me closer into his chest.

"What are you going to do today?" Zeke whispers into my hair.

"Maybe see Pepper and Sheye." I say.

"Pepper has been so worried about you, just like your dad. They rang me every hour to see if id heard anything. Imagine that for a week." Zeke explains and I smile.

"What do you want for breakfast?"

"Um...bacon?" I suggest.

I glance up, seeing Zeke nod and his eyes sparkle with happiness. But, if i look deep enough I can see the dark fear that he hides.

I kiss him quickly and stand up.

Jumping out of the shower, I pull on jeans and a black band t-shirt, while pulling my damp hair into a plait. I walk along the corridor, to the kitchen.

The walls are covered with black and silver tiles, with a touch cooker and black marble counters. The smell of bacon fills my nose as I sit at the kitchen bar. Zeke slides the plate in front of me and squirts ketchup in the shape of a smiley face on top.

I eat and grab the car keys from the rack. I pull open the front door and someone grabs the keys from my hands. I spin on my toes to see Zeke stood in jeans and a polo-shirt with his hair gelled up and his eyes sparkling bright with kindness.