Chapter 2

I drive around for about an hour, letting my anger and annoyance out on the road.

I understand what they are saying. Everyone is still trying to treat me like Im sick. Im fine...for now.

Slowly, I open the glass front door and step inside, quietly closing the door behind me. Its 10am and I assume Hope and Lucas have gone to work at Stark Industries. Hopefully, Zeke has gone to his studio with his band, Fighting Blind.

I walk into the kitchen, finding an apple. I bite into the red fruit and the sweetness fills my mouth.

"Skye? Where did you go?" Zeke suddenly asks.

I turn on the spot to see Zeke sat at the kitchen bar, clasping his hands on the counter and raising his eyes to my level.

"I went for a drive around." I admit, pulling up a black stool and sitting in front of him.

The apple turns sour in my mouth and I throw it into the bin.

"I now know you haven't gone back to how you were before." Zeke admits.

"You haven't either. None of us have." I point out.

"I thought you were dead. Everyone else was convinced you'd be fine. But i thought you were dead."

"I know."

"How?" Zeke questions, tilting his head in confusion.

Darn. I didn't want to tell him.

"When i was in the coma. I wasn't actually in it. My body was, but i was stood in the room. I could see everything. I tried to get your attention, but i was invisible. I heard how you promised to be a better husband too and I heard how you had a go at my dad, because he named Sheye." I explain.

I raise my head, watching Zeke's eyes dilate in shock and then go back to normal. He blinks twice, fighting back tears, then he smiles at me.

"That must have been weird." He teases.

"Very." I smirk.

"You look exhausted, Skye. You should go to sleep."

I stand up, leaning across the counter to kiss Zeke quickly. I walk around the counter and past him to the living room. Suddenly, I feel Zeke's hands around my waist and he spins me around to face him. He kisses me again, wrapping his arms around my waist.

"But you just told me to go to sleep." I protest, grinning up at him.

"Go then." He orders, pushing me away from him gently.

I skip away to the bedroom, pulling the covers back and I lay in, wrapping the warm duvet around my cold body.

I hear Zeke quietly walking in and then i feel him wrap his arms around me and pull me close to him as i drift off to sleep.

*

I sleep for an hour, my eyes full of the need of a full nights sleep and my muscles ache. I climb out of bed, being careful not to wake Zeke as he's still snoring lightly against the duvet.

I find my phone on the living room coffee table and dial in Captain's number.

"Hey, Skye."

"Hi, Cap. Sorry i had to go earlier. It was Hope and Lucas." I half explain.

"That's okay. Is everything fine now?"

"For them it is." I whisper.

"Still feeling the effects of last week? Give it time." Captain advises.

"I will. But you know me, I don't like to wait."

"Yes, you hate waiting. I've got some good news. Im back with Cara again."

"Congratulations."

"Oh, and I found a venue for your thing. Its a giant hall with a huge bar and a big garden. It's only five minutes away aswell."

"Thanks."

"I've booked it for you for next week."

"Thank you, Captain. I don't know what id do without you." I admit, smiling.

"You'd be lost without me." He points out, laughing.

"You are amazing. Thank you."

"You're welcome. I've got to go, Coulson is shouting me to get off the phone. You being the leader can't come soon enough." He comments.

"In a month. 'Give it time'" I quote what he said, laughing.

"Oh, Haha." He sarcastically says.

"I'll talk to you later."

"Bye."

The phone goes dead and I lay it on the coffee table, smiling.

"Miss, we have a situation." Jarvis announces, his voice filling the living room.

I jump up, racing down the glass stairs to the basement. I climb onto the desk chair and it slides slightly.

"Go, Jarvis."

He shows me a video of the replica of my blue suit. It stands in a small village, a few people run around. A small girl with blonde hair in pigtails stands frozen in front of the suit. Her parents scream at her but soldiers hold them back. The suit kneels in front of her.

The sound of the gun echoes and she falls straight down. The parents scream as they fight against the soldiers.

I squeeze my eyes shut, trying to get the vision out of my mind.

"Turn it off." I demand.

That girl died. From a gang that are determined to show how dangerous I am. Guilt burns inside me, piercing my brain.

"Is this global?"

"No, Miss. That was just in a rural village. But I predict they will spread." Jarvis announces.

"Is there anything we can do?"

"No, Miss."