Colton snickered leaning back in his chair, you could say that, three generations, way back to my dad's mom, my grandma.''

I laugh following his lead, ''your house has been lived in, it's in great shape.''

''Well, that's all down to dad, he is a clean freak.'' His eyes sparkle, god he is so good looking.

I cough, sitting up, ''well this is going to be amazing, and Jake and Mandy will say yes, they'll have to, but I think it's time to go face my mum,'' I say regretful that I have to leave.

Colton's eyes lost a little of that shine and he nods. We stand, going back into the house and I pick up my jar and we walk to the front door.

''Do you want me to walk you home?''

''No, that's ok, and don't worry if anything happens I let you know.''

''Ok, if you sure.'' I nod, I didn't give a hug this time, that would be embarrassing, we said bye and I start to walk over the familiar path, feeling Colton's eyes follow me.

''Dawson?'' Colton shouted my name and I turn, stopping, ''yeah?'' talk about more déjà vu.

He's quickly walks up to me and stops, looking conflicted and before I say anything he rushes out saying, ''do you want to go out this Saturday, you know, with me?''

I blink, not sure I was hearing right. I lift my head to scan his whole face, ''are you asking me out?'' I bite my lip to keep from smiling, Colton, looks down at me and give me a smile then says, ''yes, I am Gem, what do you say?'' I could tell he was nervous from the way his forehead crises.

I simply reply, ''I would love too.''

Once I got home I realised I've got in before mum and walked past the front room into the kitchen and took out an old small glass vase and filled it up with cold water. I put the flower Colton gave me and took it into my room and put it down at my white, small windowsill.

I went back in kitchen and noticed a small note on the fridge, Dawn, I'll be back at four, love you. I turn to the clock on the wall that stated it was, quarter to four and sigh rolling my eyes.

I went to the storage room and took my bright yellow watering can, that I love and filled it with water.

Going outside I start to water my plants and begin to smile thinking about Colton. He likes me too. I did a little spin and stop and look around to see if anyone saw me embarrass myself and notice.

Mum pulls up and I lose my smile but I still felt excited for my first date ever. Walking over I ask her if she need me to take anything inside and she shakes her head still looking sad, ''you can get Leo out, if you want?'' I nod, opening the back door and unbuckle him. ''Hey Leo, are we friends now?'' He lets out a loud sigh. ''Good I'm glad.''

Dinner had been tough and tense to go through but I got through it, I was currently looking through emotions online because I was still struggling to find one to use for my art project and I really didn't want to fail when someone knocks on my door, ''yeah?''

The door opens. Mum stands there not really looking like she wants to be there. ''Can we talk, Dawn?'' I thought about what I said to Lane earlier and knew I needed to find out what I really going on. I nod, putting my laptop down beside me and I waited for her to come in, but she shakes her head. 'Come into my room.'' I stood, not really knowing why she won't talk in my room but didn't want to start fighting again.

Once, we got inside. I began to be nervous as mum wasn't speaking, acting strange and she point to the bed and I set on the edge, looking over to Leo's cot to see and hear him fast asleep.

Then understood why mum's being so quiet. I turn to see mum in her wardrobe, taking a box from the top in the corner, that I haven't seen before. What was hidden in a box, I've never seen it before.

I swallow hard as mum turn and kept her hands locked around the box. She moves over to sit on the bed, watching as she shuffles through bits and pieces. She finds what she's looking for and takes a breath, she lifts her eye filled with sorrow to mine, ''here.''

Lifting my hand slowly, I reach for the small photograph, turning it around to take it in. I knew straight away this was mum. The young girl in the middle of two boys, she was wearing clothes you'd definitely wouldn't see around today. I turn my attention to the boys and they were both grinning hugging mum around the middle, they were all looking directly into to the camera. The two teens boys were identical twins and my breath hitched as the picture trembled in my hands.

I blow out a choked breath slowly lifting my eyes to mums. ''Is this what I think it is?'' She wipes under her eyes and nods. My mind shuts off but not before telling myself. This is your dad, as well as his twin brother. My uncle. An uncle I had no clue I had.

WELL ISN'T THIS EXCITING? , 

COMMENT,& VOTE

I LOVE, WHOEVER HAS STUCK WITH MY FIRST STORY, YOU ARE INCREDIBLE!!! ILOVEYA