UNEXPECTED GUEST PART 2

Loneliness expresses the pain of being alone and solitude expresses the glory of being alone. - Paul Tillich.

Friday 7th of August 2015.

Shaking my head to get rid of that useless thought, Dad takes a threatening step towards me. I stand my ground. "Dad, Mum's pregnant. It's not her fault she hasn't got any money to give you, but... if you stop- I'll give you the money. Just please step away from her," I add hopelessly. My hands shake at my sides. I try to keep my tone neutral.

He begins to laugh hysterically but... it's so fake, like those plastic dolls with the string you pull. For a second I thought he wasn't going to listen. My knees felt weak. But a smug smirk forms across his face as he replies "Go get it then sweetie, you don't want to keep your dear Daddy waiting do you?" He clapped his hands together mockingly.

I widen my eyes at his tone, turning my slender body away in the direction of the bookshelf next to the sofa. As I make my way over to it, my limbs feel like jelly.

Raising my shaky hands to where my books are kept, I quickly take hold of a couple of them, putting them on the next shelf down. I reach my hand in deep, until I feel a metal object. I take a hopeless deep breath in.

All I can hear are mum's soft cries. Knowing she can't do anything to stop this, she's still crying. She knows I've worked hard for my money working in our city of Strainton, England, but she also knows I have to do this.

Pulling out a small and black metal square box, I turn around. Not being able to stare at either parent, I kneel down, putting my box down on the table as I wipe my eyes.

Inhaling another long breath, I can't believe I'm giving all of my money away. But I will do anything right now to get rid of him. To get him away from my mum. Nothing is more important to me than her. Now there's my baby brother too.

Raising my shaking hands, I reach for the silver chain necklace out of my top. Dangling from it is a small black key. "What's taking so long?" Dad says frustrated. I jump but continue placing the key inside the lock, turning it clockwise until I hear a slight clicking sound.

Lifting up the lid,I stare at the money I've worked so hard at getting over the last year of my life. I remember the other night counting it all, I'd raised over two hundred pounds. I take out the money, standing quickly.

Spinning back around to face Dad, just to see he's only looking at the money which is trembling in my fingertips. "Here!" I shriek, turning my gaze downwards in utter disgust. Not being able to look at him anymore. Just wanting him gone.

Feeling him walk closer to me, I start to shake. I can smell him from where I'm stood in front of the table. I so wanted to pinch my nose.

"Too-k-k you long enough!" He accused, snatching the paper notes from me as he stuffed them into his left pant pocket. That's when I realise his voice has a slight slur to it. He's drunk? I raise my head to look at him in disbelief. "You're drunk!" He didn't even try to lie. "Whatever, I don't need to answer to you." He mutters in disgust, then spins to leave, strutting away as if he's not just wrecked our lives again.

Something snapped inside of me, and before I knew what I was doing I began to move over to him. I could see mum from the corner of my eye, she's shaking her head in fear from where she's sitting,.

"Dawn no!" Mum ordered trying to get up. Ignoring her I see dad wheel back to face me head on, hearing what mum had just choked out.

I stop, and point my finger at his unrecognisable face in anger.

"Hey, look!" I surprise him as his eyebrows rises. "What gives you any right to come here and take our stuff! What gives you the right anymore to come here, and get away with it? Don't you care that she's carrying your baby at all!?" My tone reaches to a scream, As i keep getting closer, into his space.

"What's wrong with you?" I tiredly added, whispering.

Dad widens his eyes, shocked at my outburst, and I see something evil creep across his face. Chills wrack down my spine. I feel the impact of the blow before it comes.

Mum gasps out my name as I fall to the ground hard. I don't even know what just happened as I whimper out in pain, raising my hand to my face. My right eye starts to burn, as tears slowly form in my eyes.

"Who gives you the right to talk to me like that, you little bitch!" He explodes and pulls his fist back to swing at me again, his eyes wild. Mum finally manages to get to me, just in time. She covers me screaming. "No... what is wrong with you Michael?" She yells, gently grabbing my chin, before speaking again. "Get out of my house right now, don't you dare come back here or come near us again!" She screams baring her teeth angrily up at dad, her face turning bright red.

I turn back to dad, and his eyes are once again wide. I bit my lip to detract from my eye.

"Yeah, whatever... I'm done with this crap. She deserved it. But just know you are mine Amelia, and if I want something... I'm going to get it!" He affirms, turning his back to us, and leaves.

We sat frozen until he slammed the front door shut, making us both jump in fright on the floor.

AUTHOR'S NOTES

Vote, Comment. I LOVE YOU GUYS

Hello my lovelies, thanks for reading so far, I would really love it if you tell me what you think. Tell me if you spot anything wrong :D 

EDITED BY @kelsie0393