Chapter Two

Its been around 6 months, although I'm not the best at keeping track of time.

I've been living in a small cottage on the outskirts of my town, about a 10 minute bike ride away from my post apocalyptic home. I haven't been back there.

I still look for my brother once a week, I refuse to believe he is gone until I see a body, hell even if I found his bike but I haven't so in my eyes he's still alive and beating this world somewhere.

I never really see the living anymore, it must of been over a month before I last saw someone, and they were already bit.

Life in this world is boring and depressing, but above everything else it was lonely as hell.

The only fun I had was going on bike rides down to the town for supplies, the world fell apart so quick all the stores are mostly stocked with all I need.

And today was one of those fun days where I would go for a ride in the town kill some of the undead and get some food.

That's basically all I needed since this was England and it rained most days of the week which means i have plenty of water.

So I go to my bed room grab the empty one of my two bags, one was full with all my essentials in case I ever needed to make a quick exit.

But there is never any trouble around here I get maybe 4 roamers a week but I take them down the bow and arrow a got from my uncles house when i checked all my family's homes for any sign of life.

I went down stairs put the empty bag on my back got my trusty cricket bat, which at this point had so much roamer blood on it you could barley see the willow, got on my bike and headed on the 15 minute ride to town.

I needed food and maybe some books because the boredom was driving my insane.

After the 15 minute ride i put my bike in the usual bush just in case there was someone was around decided to take it and headed towards my usual food shop.

The town was extremely quiet today there were usually dozens in every street but i saw 2 in the street i was in, i took them both down with a couple hard whacks to the head.

Then i turned the corner and saw why it was quiet, there were dozens of roamers all surrounding a bus, the reason was very clear two familiar face were stood atop the bus looking petrified.

Son of a bitch, it took me a few minutes to realise who they were since they were covered in dirt and there hair was covering most of there face.

It's the dick twins, Ellie and Ethan Hall.

I don't know why i called them that to be honest i never had anything against Ellie she was always pleasant but her brother was a massive dick.

He was the kid at school everyone loved and if you weren't in his group he treated you like shit needless to say i wasn't in his group in school it was just my small group of friends, four to be exact. Including me.

It made me laugh to look at him now, the once popular and loved boy stranded on top of a bus with only me as an exit.

I didn't really want to help them, I hate him for all the ridicule he put me through and if it wasn't for Ellie i would just leave him.

But i couldn't leave her so i did the only thing to get them out of there i started shouting like a maniac to the dead.

"HEY! ASSHOLES COME OVER HERE, FRESH MEAT COME GET IT." I roared like the lion I am.

The twins just stared at me in disbelief

"HEY DICK TWINS! WHEN THERES A BIG ENOUGH GAP MAKE A RUN FOR IT AND MEET ME AT THE CORNER SHOP NEAR STARBUCKS."