Chapter-10

By ambushed, I mean ambushed. Like there was a pretty-blonde-holding-a-gun- to-Kai's-head kind of ambushed. That was after he dodged a few punches to the face, of course. It all happened so quickly, I didn't even realise what had happened. One second the blond was holding the gun, the next second it was in Kai's hand, pointed at her head. I walked closer towards Kai.

"Stupid move, Elizaveta," he said in a soft dangerous tone that made the hair stand on the back of my neck.

"Fuck you!" Elizaveta said, eying the gun warily.

"You already did that, remember? Right before you tried to kill me?" He asked calmly.

"You were that bad in bed?" I muttered.

Kai didn't react, Elizaveta did. She stared at me. "Who's that? Your new slut?"

Again with the slutshaming. "Just because you're criminals doesn't mean you possess every bad quality imaginable," I told her.

"No, Kai wouldn't fuck someone that irritating," she remarked.

"Well...he fucked you," I drawled out.

"YOU LITTLE-"

"Enough!" Kai said calmly, flicking up the safety of the gun.

"Kes?" He asked, keeping his gaze steady on Elizaveta. Uh oh.

"Yes?" I asked nervously.

"Remember what I told you about shutting the fuck up?" He asked in a level voice. You didn't have to have above average intelligence to know he was pissed. And a pissed Kai was not something I wanted to witness firsthand.

"Right," I said.

"Elize?" A voice called from behind me. Kai whirled around, pushing me into the car and turned the gun around.

"Kai!" That someone yelled. Male.

"Don't move," Kai warned.

"There are two of us and one of you," Elizaveta snarled.

"And me," I muttered. Kai's hand found my wrist, a silent command to shut up.

"True," Kai said, unfazed. "But the one of me is armed and dangerous."

"Elize, what's going on? Why is Kai here?" The someone snarled.

"Ask him," Eliza snarled.

"No offense Kai, but I don't think your friends like you much. Not that I'm surprised, frankly," I said, tugging on his sleeve. Kai's grip on my wrist tightened.

I turned around and saw a man about Kai's age, maybe younger with messy brown hair and a tensed stance.

"Kai, what the fuck are you doing here?" The man demanded.

"Kai! Who's he?" I asked.

"Please shut up?" He asked.

"What's the girl doing here, Kai?" The man asked.

"Well, she-" Kai started.

"Kai, who is the bitch?" This was from Elizaveta.

"I said she's-"

"Elizaveta, why are you here?!" The man demanded.

"Ask Kai," she said.

"Elizaveta-" Kai said.

"Maybe the girl knows," he mused. "What do you know?"

"Ask Kai," I said. "Kai, who's the blond bitch?"