Chapter-7

I sat on one of the couches opposite him. Dean poured himself some whiskey from a crystal decanter and took a deep swing. He was reaching his limit, if the slight slur in his speech was any indication. Getting information from him should be easy.

"Last chance, Kestrel. Get the fuck out!" He snapped.

"Nope," I said, popping the 'p'.

"I said get out!" He yelled.

"You also said 'last chance'. I said 'no', so stop pestering me to get out," I said, crossing my legs and helping myself to some expensive looking whiskey. "Nice alcohol, I brought a lighter," I said.

He raised the gun and aimed it at my head.

I gave him a slow, creepy smile. "Stupid move, Cavilleri. You're not going to kill Arianna's little sister, are you?"

"I don't know what the fuck you think but despite what you saw, I care about her," he snapped.

I rolled my eyes. "Tell that to your psychiatrist. I genuinely don't give a shit. I just want to know what you know about Arianna."

"She has blonde hair, blue eyes, a killer body a fucking irritating sister-"

"That's not what I meant and you know it," I snapped. "Were you able to contact her?"

"No."

"Surely you're trying to find her, right?" I asked.

His lips turned upwards in a serpentine grin. "Why would I try to find her?"

"For a Mafia Boss, you're quite stupid," I noted.

He raised and eyebrow.

I sighed and decided to elaborate. "At the moment I don't have any colored pens or crayons to explain this to you but try to keep up if you can. You got Arianna involved in your... occupation. She knows important stuff about your occupations and now she's off the map."

He stared at me hard.

"That means," I said slowly. "Arianna might tell some people certain...things. Unless you find her, of course."

"She won't, because her sister is here, vulnerable," he said.

"You're the one who thinks it's possible to make unwilling people talk," I said. "And didn't you say you cared about her?"

"I do care about her," he snarled. "You're the one I don't give a shit about."

"Boo fucking hoo," I said flatly. "So now that we've got that established, why don't you tell me how Arianna was able to purchase a Porsche Cayenne."

"Arianna never bought a Porsche Cayenne," he said blankly.

"Don't I know it," I sighed.

"Why would you assume she bought one?" He asked. I stared at him. Was he behaving this oblivious on purpose? There was no way the news hadn't reached him. He knew everything that went down in the city.

"I was chased. By guys with guns," I said.

His expression didn't change. "Oh really."

"Yes," I said.

"You're alive," he noted.

"You're observant," I noted.

"What did you do? Single-handedly take down five mercenaries?" He laughed. The alcohol had lowered his inhibitions.

I never told you there were five mercenaries.

"No, I had some help," I admitted.

"Really?" He asked, barely reigning in his laughter.