17: Lonely

Y/N=Your Name

Y/L/N=Your Last Name

Y/F/N=Your Full Name

Y/H/C=Your Hair Color

Y/E/C =Your Eye Color

Y/Y/N=Your YouTube Name (Even if you don't have one just pretend)

Y/T/N=Your Twitter Name (Same as the YouTube name)

F/N=Friend's Name

F/Y/T=Friend's Youtube Name

F/T/N=Friend's Twitter Name

EBF/N=Ex-Boyfriend's Name

F/P=Your Favorite Pizza

F/F=Favorite Food

F/D=Favorite Drink

B/N=Book Name (You're a successful author, remember?)

((How I expect you guys to react to this terrible chapter))=============

=============

January passed in what seemed like slow-motion. You haven't talked to Dan since the day you refused to tell him what happened, neither of you making any effort to contact each-other.

Phil had attempted to see what was wrong, sitting on the edge of your bed as you bustled around your room not looking at him. After you had sent him away you had had an existential crisis that lasted for a whole week, F/N just barely managing to get food and water in you but mostly you just sat, staring blankly at the poster-covered wall of your room and thinking about how small your existence was.

Even after you had actually started going through the motions of life each day you still felt a bit dead inside, the empty spot Dan had filled in your life now being taken over by a resigned 'I don't care' ness and you were becoming increasingly dull and frustrating to be around.

F/N had taken to hanging out with Phil at his and Dan's apartment, having gotten sick of your rotten mood. Though they did always ask you if you wanted to go see Dan you always declined even though it made your stomach twist to do so.

You had run into Dan multiple times over the past month but whenever you did the both of you would not speak or make eye-contact with the other, simply walking past each-other as if you were strangers.

As January changed into February the frigid cold you had been having since you moved got a bit less harsh, some days even getting up to fifty degrees. It was raining almost everyday recently and it was terrible.

Valentines day is fast approaching and you're dreading it. This is the first Valentines day you will be spending without EB/N in more than two years and you aren't sure if you're prepared.

You sigh, wiping at your puffy eyes as you wake up on the fourteenth of February feeling absolutely miserable. You throw the blankets off of you and stand, pushing yourself up with your left arm, holding your right one close to your body so you aren't tempted to try to use it.

You stand up and hobble over to your beanbag chair in the corner of the room, picking up the blanket you had on it from late night reading and wrapping it around yourself. You walk over to the door with the blanket still wrapped tightly around you, open the door and walk out into the hallway. You walk to the top of the stairs but the sound of voices in the lounge stops you.

Usually you wouldn't care about voices downstairs because Phil came over so much but the one you heard wasn't Phil's. It was still familiar but you hadn't heard it in a long time.

"I just... I remember now but I don't know how to approach her." Dan says. You can only just hear his voice but it sounds as though the words he is speaking are being said directly in your ear.

"Y/N is stubborn and if you want to talk to her you can't wait for her to make the first move. You have to go to her." F/N said and for once they were being serious. You stumble back from your spot at the top of the stairs, turning and hurrying back to the safety of your bedroom.

You enter and shut the door as quietly behind you as you can, walking over to the window by your bed and looking out over the busy London street. You sigh and run your hands over your face.

He remembers. Remembers what? The kiss? It has to be the kiss, there isn't anything else he did that you remember. So he's going to F/N for advice on how to talk to you. You take a deep breath, stricken by this sudden information.

You are jerked back out of your thoughts by a sharp knock on the door. "Y/N, wake up. Are you up? If you're not up I'm gonna come in and make you get up." F/N says through the door. You sigh. "I'm up, I'm up." You mumble, just loud enough for them to hear.

The door opens and F/N comes in, leaving the door open behind her. You sit down on the empty part of the windowsill and wait for them to talk. "Yes?" You ask. F/N gives you a look and says, "How come you didn't tell me that you and Dan kissed?" You stare at them, not expecting this question. "Um... because it happened while we were drunk and I doubt it meant anything." F/N rolls their eyes at you.

"Don't you know that almost everything you say and-or do while you're drunk is based off of truths?" They ask frustratedly. "Well," you say, struggling to find something to counter this with. "Y/N," they start, obviously getting impatient at how long it's taking you to catch on.

"You like Dan." They say. You for some reason feel yourself begin to get angry. You stand and toss the blanket you had previously wrapped around you on the bed. "Of course I fucking like him! It doesn't take a genius to figure that out!" You begin to pace but as you pass by the open door you see something that makes you stop in your tracks.

There stands Dan leaning on the wall across from your room, watching you. You feel your cheeks go beet red and turn on F/N. "You tricked me!" You yell at them, feeling more embarrassed than you had in a very long time.

"Y/N, Dan wouldn't believe me unless he heard it from you. I had-" you cut them off by shaking your head at them. "Shut the fuck up and get out of my room." You snap, pointing at the door, refusing to look at Dan again. F/N stands there for a moment longer, biting their lip. "Y/N, please, I didn't-"

"Get the fuck out of my room!" You shout at them. "Right now!" They hang their head and slowly make their way to the door. When they leave they don't close your door and you are too afraid of Dan still being there to possibly go after them to shut it.

"Y/N?" Dan asks you. You aren't facing the door anymore and the sound of his voice makes you jump. You don't answer him.

"I think it's time we talked."

~*~

Hey! Turns out I did get a chance to update today! Yay! Anyway, you'll notice this update is earlier than usual but I'm gonna be busy later today. Hope you enjoyed. Vote, comment and share. Later Nerds.

This chapter is dedicated to:mi-corazon-es-tuyo yes I know you already got a dedication but you deserve another one.

Word count: 1076

Published: 8/23/16