13: Opening old scars

Y/N=Your Name

Y/L/N=Your Last Name

Y/F/N=Your Full Name

Y/H/C=Your Hair Color

Y/E/C =Your Eye Color

Y/Y/N=Your YouTube Name (Even if you don't have one just pretend)

Y/T/N=Your Twitter Name (Same as the YouTube name)

F/N=Friend's Name

F/Y/T=Friend's Youtube Name

F/T/N=Friend's Twitter Name

EBF/N=Ex-Boyfriend's Name

F/P=Your Favorite Pizza

F/F=Favorite Food

F/D=Favorite Drink

B/N=Book Name (You're a successful author, remember?)

(I'm starting to add gifs for you guys)
=============

You cried for a long time, Dan holding you the whole time. You were too upset to feel embarrassed even though part of you knew that this was really quite a situation to be in with Dan Howell.

After about twenty minutes of crying, your sobs start to turn into small sniffles and reality starts flooding back into you. You realize how damp Dan's sweatshirt is from where you had been crying and you realize that he is holding you very close to him, resting his head on yours. You give one last sniffle and look up at him.

He's looking down at you intently. "You okay?" He asks quietly. You shrug. "Not really, but I will be." Dan nodded uncertainly. You wipe away the tears on your cheeks and gently pull away from his grasp, though if you were honest, you really didn't want to.

Dan awkwardly stuffs his hands in the pockets of his jeans and coughs. "Um..." you start. "Should we go and get F/N and Phil for shopping?" Dan raises his eyebrows at you. "Um, sure." You are starting to feel embarrassed about crying for so long and you don't want them to think of you as weak. It's bad enough that Dan already had to comfort you for so long, there is no way you are going to back out of shopping just because you cried.

Dan left to go get the others, giving you a moment to collect yourself. You lean against the wall and take deep breaths, clasping your hands together and closing your eyes. "I'm okay, I'm okay." You mutter to yourself over and over again under your breath.

A couple minutes later, F/N, Phil and Dan come out of the kitchen and meet you by the door. "Let's go." You say, making it very clear that you do not want to talk about what just happened.

-

Overall, shopping was great. You started to feel better soon after you got to the first shop and by the time you got back to your flat you were in a very good mood.

After saying goodbye to Dan and Phil, you and F/N go into the kitchen to find something to eat. "I can make pasta." They offer. You nod and smile. "That sounds good. Want any help?" They shake their head and get out a pack of spaghetti from the cupboard. "Okay. I'm gonna go make my video." F/N nods and you exit the kitchen and go up the short flight of stairs to the upper floor.

You enter your bedroom, shut the door, and turn to face your room. You look around, first at your full bookshelves, then at your bed, then at the desk and the window, then the closet until your eyes rest back on the bookshelf. You sigh heavily and slowly walk over to the half-way set up tripod.

You begin to connect the camera and tripod when your phone rings.

You reach into your sweatshirt pocket and pull it out. You stare at the caller ID for three rings before deciding that they wouldn't be calling you unless absolutely necessary. "Hello?" You say timidly, wishing deeply that that gravelly voice won't answer, but of course it does.

"Hello, Y/N." Your uncle says. You gulp. "H-hi, uncle Peter." You say, cursing yourself that your voice quavered. "Y/N, you know I wouldn't be calling you unless it was important, so listen up. Your aunt and I have been planning the funeral"-you winced at the word-"for the past month. We don't know where you are, however, and you must attend." He says, coughing when he finishes his sentence. You can practically smell the strong whiff of smoke even through the phone.

"I can't." You say quietly. "Can't?" He asks harshly, and you wince. "Yes, I can't. I can't put myself through that." You say and this time your voice is steady and serious. "You have to come!" He says, his voice rising and becoming angry. "If you don't, it'll be disrespectful to their memories." You breathe deeply. "That's exactly it. If they were asking me to do it, then of course I would. But a funeral really seems to be for the rest of the people still alive and missing them to say goodbye and I can't do that to myself." You hear him breathing angrily.

"Y/F/N you are going to that funeral whether you like it or not!" He yells into the phone. You feel angry tears prick your eyes. "No, I'm not. You can't tell me what to do. I'm an adult and even if I wasn't, you would not be my legal guardian. No way would mom have left me with you." You spit at him. He growls on the other line and before he can get another word out, you hang up.

You take a shuttering breath and sit down on the bed numbly. He had no right to call you or tell you what to do. You feel tears start to roll down your face once more and you feel angry that you cry so easily these days. "Stupid," you mutter through your tears. You breathe shakily and wrap your arms around your knees and fall onto your side on the bed, full out crying for the second time today.

This crying fit doesn't last nearly as long as earlier and within five minutes you are wiping your eyes and turning on your camera.

"Hello, everyone." You say and you mentally curse for having a scratchy voice. "How are you all today? I hope you're well. I've had a bit of a rough day. I won't go into detail, but it reopened some old scars."

When you're finally done filming the video, you turn off the camera. You begin editing the video and only stop when F/N calls you down for dinner.

You set down your laptop and leave your room, meeting them downstairs. "Hey," F/N says. You nod and sit down across from them, serving yourself some spaghetti and sauce. "How was filming?" F/N asks. You shrug. "It was fine."

You don't speak much after that and by the time you finish dinner you are very thankful that F/N offered to wash the dishes so you could get out of that awkward and tense silence. When you arrive back in your bedroom you check your phone and see that you missed a text from Dan. You open it and smile, texting back immediately.

~*~

Hey! This chapter was really more of a filler. I can't start the romance until you and Dan build a stronger bond and I don't want things to move too quickly. On another note, wow. 13 chapters! That's exciting! I added all of the words in all of the chapters so far. I have 14,771 words in this story so far! That's awesome! Anyway, vote, comment, share and have a good day.

Word count: 1077

Published: 8/20/16