11: Un-pleasant surprise

Y/N=Your Name

Y/L/N=Your Last Name

Y/F/N=Your Full Name

Y/H/C=Your Hair Color

Y/E/C =Your Eye Color

Y/Y/N=Your YouTube Name (Even if you don't have one just pretend)

Y/T/N=Your Twitter Name (Same as the YouTube name)

F/N=Friend's Name

F/Y/T=Friend's Youtube Name

F/T/N=Friend's Twitter Name

EBF/N=Ex-Boyfriend's Name

F/P=Your Favorite Pizza

F/F=Favorite Food

F/D=Favorite Drink

B/N=Book Name (You're a successful author, remember?)

=============

It had been a week since you moved to London and Christmas was only a week away. So far you were finding your flat and new city comfortable, fun and most importantly, there were no reminders of your parents, sister or ex-boyfriend.

Most days you would explore London, (though it was rather painful to do all that walking seeing as your ankle wasn't healed up yet), and then do some writing. Your inspiration had died down right after the crash so you were very grateful for the change of scenery that sparked your creativity.

Occasionally you would get a text from one of your old friends back in Chicago, but most days you would ignore them. There were too many painful memories left over from that city and even the older and better ones were tainted by pain and sorrow; you felt no need to be in contact with those who could still remind you of the place.

You also spent a lot of time with Dan. Though you lived only a staircase up from him, both of you were too lazy most of the time to actually get up and meet each-other at one of your flats, so you spent most of the time texting or Skyping him. You still hadn't told him how big of a fan of his you were before the two of you met and you felt no need for him to know that you were a gigantic fangirl even though he had already made it very plain to you by commenting on almost every one of your videos that he was also a rather big fan of you.

You had filmed and posted a Youtube video already and were going back to your once a week schedule and it felt very good to have a set time to tell your viewers what was going on with you. A lot of people were still commenting on your videos with concern. Most were telling you not to repress your emotions which made you want to do just that even more than you already were. The people you interacted with on a daily basis were under the impression that you were incredibly strong and had gotten over the loss of your family very quickly, though that most certainly wasn't the case. You still felt completely shattered inside, but involving other people in the dark pit that was your emotions didn't feel right, so you kept your thoughts and feelings to yourself and acted happy when you had to, however, your writing had begun to reflect your inner pain. You were killing off more characters than usual and you had more scenes of pain and less of laughter or romance.

Sometimes while writing you would begin crying, and you would have to muffle your sobs in your sleeve so F/N wouldn't hear, though you suspected that sometimes they could hear you and just knew that if you wanted to talk about it you would.

Today is filming and editing day, so you are setting up your tripod when you hear a knock at your bedroom door. You put on your practiced fake smile and tell whoever it is to come in. There stands Dan, smiling crookedly at you. Your smile becomes slightly less forced and you say, "What're you doing here?" In a pleasantly surprised voice.

"Hey. I know you're filming today, but I was wondering if you wanted to join Phil and me for a day out. We have some Christmas shopping to do and since we already got your gift, we thought that you might like to join us so we can take you to some of the best shops in London." You smile for real now, and nod. "I would love that. Will F/N be joining us." He nodded. "Yep, Phil is down stairs right now trying to convince them." Dan chuckled. "Well then, I'll get ready and meet you in the kitchen?" You suggest. He smiles, nods and turns around, closing the door behind him.

You set down your camera on your bed and go to change. With some difficulty you manage to inch a long sleeved T-shirt over your cast plus your usual sweatshirt. You put on skinny jeans, your boots, grab a coat and then rush downstairs. Though your ankle isn't hurting as much anymore it is still a pain that you have to work around. You also still have a few of the more serious cuts up and down your arms. Often times the bandaids get caught on your clothes sending you into a fit of stomping your feet and cursing. As for your arm, it's still as broken as ever. Of course it's healing, but these things take time. The cast is itchy and very inconvenient and you are sick of it, but you're still very thankful that it isn't more serious.

When you get to the kitchen you see Dan, Phil and F/N sitting around and talking. "I'm ready." You say, giving a small smile. Dan stands up from his spot at the kitchen table as does Phil. "F/N, you coming?" You ask. They nod. "Yep, just let me get my coat." You and Dan begin making your way to the door while Phil waits for F/N.

Before you even touch the doorknob, a fast and purposeful knock sounds making both you and Dan jump. You stare at your door warily. No one except Dan or Phil ever comes over. You give Dan an apprehensive look before once more reaching for the doorknob and opening it.

The person standing on the other side has a pink nose and flushed cheeks and their expression is so familiar and so repulsive that you instinctively slam the door and lean against it, though you would have done the same thing if you had been thinking straight anyway. "Who was it?" Dan asked, not having gotten a look at the person.

Your heart is beating wildly and you feel your hands clench into fists. "Y/N?" Dan asks, concern lacing his words. You let out an angry breath as another set of knocks come from the person standing on the other side of the door. You push yourself away from the door and open it once again, that all too familiar face greeting you again. You stare coldly at him as Dan comes to stand beside you in the doorframe. "Y/N? Who is this?" He asks confusedly. "This, Dan, is the dickhead who broke my heart.

~*~

Hey! See? One update a day! So, I entered this story in the Wattys!!!! Awesome right? Well, I hope you liked the update and don't forget to vote, comment and share. Later nerds.

Word count: 1082

Published: 8/18/16