E i g h t e e n

Comincia dall'inizio

"Fine. No more arguing or trying to boss each other round." He said calmly shrugging his shoulders sitting himself back into the armchair carelessly. " But on one condition."

" Anything"

" No more secrets."

" No more secrets."

A small smile crept onto my face as we both held each other into a warm embrace. Relief washing over my body as I melted into his warmth. A soft pool of emotions growing inside my stomach fluttering around making a warm ooze out of my pores.

Sweat dripped down my back as my clenched fists pounded against the leathered material of the gymnasiums punch bag.

" You're getting sloppy" Kat chimed glancing at her nails, not even batting an eyelash in my direction. A small groan of frustration leaving my lips as I straightened my stance.

My body twisting, tensing, convulsing as the sound of flesh hitting leather echoed around the room, the subtle jangle of the metal chain holding the bag up rattling.

" Now you're pulling punches."

Another groan left my lips as I sent a harsh kick towards the bag. Slouching as I grasped a hold of the swinging bag sawing towards me. My head a mess as I think of mine and shakes discussion the other night.

Maybe he's right? Maybe I should quit whilst I can, before anyone gets seriously hurt, before I do.

People around us are starting to notice the change. I'm noticing changes. Jake being one of them. He argues with his parents now, more so than usual. Many of the arguments I hear at night between him and his father. His grades slipping, neglecting his friends, I've even heard him staying up till all hours in the morning. He's changing and I feel that it is my fault.

" Giving up?" Kat scoffed jumping from the stack of gym mats, her hair swaying as she walked, tossing a few strands over her shoulder.

" Yes, our time is up for today." I said dryly peeling off the wrap from my knuckles, tossing the scraps into the plastic bin beside the mirrored wall.

"Somethings wrong." Kat states, her hand finding my shoulder as I untie my hair from its high ponytail, letting my dirty blonde waves cascade around my shoulders, engulfing my face. " Nothing—Just tired." I lie. Turning to  face her with a small sloppy smile.

Kat stares at me with a calculated glance, her eyes narrowed, glaring into mine as if she was trying to see through my lie.

" You should go get some rest. You worked hard today." She praised squeezing my shoulder handing me a small bottle of water. "But if you change your mind and want some excitement in your life you should come meet up with me and some of my friends. We're attending a race tonight downtown. Should be fun, come if you like."

" I'll think about it." I say sheepishly grasping s hold of the strap of my duffel bag, tossing it over my shoulder. Every bone in my body screaming at me. Maybe it was just the guilt.

" If you change your mind wear something dark and edgy. It suits you." She smirks as she tosses her gloves into the box, packing up the sparring equipment.

" See you"

Wasting no time I leave the small gym room heading straight down the hall. The strap of my bag rubbing harshly against my bare shoulder, my bag knocking against my leg as I stalked through the halls. Swiftly passing the schools football team changing from a hour of practise after hours. My eyes low as I make my way out the full building towards my usual waiting spot for Jake to come pick me up.