Gregor Clegane X Lannister!Reader - Innocent (Requested)

Start from the beginning

"Gregor Clegane, I order you to move," he yelled but he was swiftly ignored as Gregor kept his eyes on Ser Meryn, making sure he couldn't hurt you. The speaking in the crowd was now a loud roar that ran throughout the circle of people as they watched you move towards their King, Gregor following you, keeping his body turned to face the other knight.

As you reached the bottom of the steps, you spat on the stone floor lifting your head to make eye contact with Joffrey. "You are a fool to think you can control me, or anyone for that matter," you growled at him. "You are a spoilt child and nothing more," you continued, clear enough for everyone in the room to hear you as you watched him grow angrier where he stood. "Now," you said in a falsely cheery voice. "It's time that I were leaving, don't you think?" you told him with a small smile, looking up at the red faced King who simply nodded slightly as you turned to leave the room. "Thank you, Your Grace, for allowing me to bask in your presence," you added as you reached the doors.

"Clegane," Joffrey's voice came from behind you and you hesitated with him, wanting to hear what he had to say. "You're a traitor. Take him to the dungeons," he announced but no one moved to come after the larger man.

"I don't work for you, I work for your grandfather. He has asked me to protect Y/N, and you can take up any issue you have with the way I am doing my job with him," he grunted out before putting his hand on your back to push you from the room. "You should stay in your chambers until your Grandfather gets back from Harrenhall. I suggest you write him and ask him to cut his trip short," he told you as he moved you quickly through the halls.

"What about you?" you questioned, continuing when he looked at you in confusion. "I think Joffrey is more angry with you than he is with me, so who will protect you from his soldiers?" you told him as you finally reached your chamber door making him let out a small snort of laughter.

"I will be here with you, I'm sure you can protect me," he joked and you rolled your eyes at him as he closed the door behind the two of you. "Get to writing the letter so that we don't have to stay cooped up like hens," he told you, pointing at your desk against the wall on the other side of the room.

"Grandfather won't be happy with me," you told him as you quickly scrawled a message onto the parchment. "I hardly acted like a Lady, he tells me I'm worse than the common folk," you added as you signed your name, waving the parchment to try and dry the ink quicker.

"Maybe he should encourage you to stick up for yourself, rather than worrying about you behaving like a lady," he uttered as he stood beside the door, watching as you sealed the letter with the wax Lannister sigil. He noticed you weren't answering him and moved closer to you. "Anyhow," he announced as he put a hand on your shoulder causing you to look up at him, "Ladies are boring, you are much more entertaining," he told you and you gave him a small smile as you covered his large hand with your small one.

"I have to send this," you told him holding up the letter in your other hand and waving it about. "I'll have to go down to the courtyard," you added and he raised one of his eyebrows at you as he scoffed.

"I know it's common knowledge that I quite enjoy putting a sword through people, but I'd rather not have to do it in front of you. I don't want you to think of me that way," he told you as he pulled the letter from your hand. "Lock the door, only answer it to me," he told you and you gave him a quick nod before flinging your arms around him.

"Don't go getting yourself killed," you told him, gripping him in a tight hug, your arms barely able to fit around his chest. His hand came down to rest lightly on your back, as if he was scared you would snap in half if he held you properly.

"I'll be fine, don't worry your pretty little head," he laughed, pulling you off of him to move to the door. He paused for a moment before pulling it open and heading outside, quickly glancing back  to notice your sad expression. "I'll be back soon, I promise," he told you softly, his voice serious as he stared at you, watching as you nodded at him quickly before shutting and locking the door behind him.