how to get over a break up ( i think) step by step

1. Do not talk to him. Delete his number already. Don't listen to what anyone else says, they didn't have a relationship with him, they don't get it. If he approaches you, show him that you're no longer waiting around for him to make up his mind and want you, you made up yours, and it involves a future without him. Guarding your heart is a little bit more important than clarifying the emotions of someone who's only texting you back three words.

2. Do not think about him. What's the point? Do the dishes, clean the house, work extra hours. Do anything you can do to keep yourself busy and keep him off your mind.

3. Stop writing about him. Stop wasting paper writing the same lines over and over again. Don't give him the satisfaction of knowing he still has control over your heart. He always thought you should keep your talent hidden, don't waste anymore of your gift on someone who doesn't deserve to be remembered.

4. Don't waste anymore of your tears on him. I know it's not as easy as it sounds, but you have to try. Push him out of your mind. Think about happy thoughts. It'll get easier.

5. Get rid of everything that reminds you of him. Your red plaid shirt, songs on your phone, the pillows on your bed. Cut your hair so you won't remember how he used to run his fingers through it. All of those things are just another reminder that he's never coming back. Throw it all away.

6. Remind yourself that he isn't what you so desperately wanted him to be. He isn't a miracle. He isn't your love story. He was and always will be toxic. He was indecisive. He kept you as a back up plan, a last resort, a second choice. You deserve much more than that. Let him go.