Chapter 16: Blessings

(Ethan POV)

Brian walked back to the kitchen and sat back to his chair. He drank all of his beer in one gulp then cover his face with his hands.

"Are you OK, man?", I asked patting his shoulder.

He shook his head. "No", he uncovered his face. "I don't know what to do anymore, Ethan. I don't know how to get her"

I still sat in silence, didn't know what to say to comfort him.

"I know about you and Linda", he said suddenly, looking through my eyes. My eyes widened in fear. How did he know? Did Kira told him?

I didn't dare to look at his eyes because I knew what he would do next. But what happened was unexpected.

"I'm so sorry", he said. I looked at him confused.

"I'm sorry that I didn't let you get her. I was doing this because she was only a kid and I didn't want you to take advantage of her", he said.

"But after all these years, I realized that you are a good guy, Ethan. You're willing to wait for her until this moment and that made you earn my trust. And now, I trust that you won't do anything that make her unhappy"

"Brian, I would never ever do such things to make her sad. I love her too much to do that. She's the only person I think about for these past 10 years", I said seriously.

"I know", he chuckled.

"You do?", I said confused.

"Of course I do. It's all written on your face. I remember when I told you that she was shipped to boarding school, you looked like you were going to cry", he laughed. My face reddened. He knew? All this time?

"And when I said that she's going to live with us, your eyes were glowing and I even caught you smiling to yourself all day", he laughed again holding his stomach.

"Shut up", I said fake punched his shoulder. He was still laughing.

"Why you didn't tell me?", He asked after gasping some air.

"Cause I don't want you to ruin my face?", I joked.

He chuckled. "I'm sorry I didn't tell you sooner. I thought you might get the hint. Geez, I am even mad at Linda for seeing that Mike boy"

"I hate that boy", I narrowed my eyes remembering she was dating him.

"Look, I know that you're trying to win her heart, but it's not going to be easy. First, she hates us and second, she's taken", Brian turned serious.

"It's not going to stop me", I said sternly.

"That's what I know about you. Stubborn", he chuckled. "I know you're so eager to have her, but please. Don't do something stupid", he warned.

I looked at him confused. "Like what?"

"Like punching her boyfriend", he chuckled.

Honestly, that thought crossed my mind when I found out she was dating him. "Of course not", I said.

"Good. Since I've gave you my blessing, go get her", he said and patted my shoulder.

He went out of the room and headed to living room. Probably watching TV.

I'm not dreaming, right? I couldn't believe this. Brian just gave me his blessing. I couldn't be happier.

But Brian was right. Though he approved with our relationship, it was hard because she was taken and avoiding me.

Geez, it was a total nightmare to me. What should I do to win her heart?

( Brian POV)

For the past 10 years, I knew that Ethan was still in love with Linda. I really admired his dedication. Though she was away, he still kept his feeling intact.

When Ethan told me about his feelings to Linda, I didn't like it, considering his style while he was dating Sally.

They always did the physical thing like kissing, cuddling, and uncountable sex.

Linda was still a kid at that time and I didn't want him to push her into anything that she wasn't ready for. And I was scared that Ethan took advantage of her.

Since I told him that she was off limits, I thought he would give up and went for another girls. But surprisingly, he seemed different than usual.

He stopped flirting with girls. I thought it was only for a while until college, but I was wrong. He never went on date anymore.

I even once set him on a blind date with our hottest college classmate. But he still didn't give any interest in her. I felt bad for him.

When I heard that Linda would be going to college here, I directly asked Dad to live with me and Ethan.

If Ethan was still in love with her, I wouldn't mind and asked him to go for it.

Like I thought so, Ethan was thrilled when I mentioned Linda would be staying with us for college.

I thought that he would ask my permission and told me the truth. But no, he didn't. It made me confused. Until now.

He said that he was afraid that I would ruin his face. Haha. I didn't know that he'd be so scared of me. But I couldn't blame him. I'd once beat up a guy who staring inappropriately at my little sis and he ended up in the hospital. Yeah, I was a protective brother. Because of that, I got grounded by my parents.

When I told him I was okay with him and Linda, he looked relieved.I guessed he would get started now since he had to get rid of that Mike boy.

I just hope that Ethan could break her shell and making her the old Linda again.