Chapter 4: Confession

I was on my way home. It was around 4 PM. My schedule today actually ended at 12, but I killed time with Hailey, Jenny, Caleb, and, Steven.

I didn't mind it but Caleb was really annoying. He flirted with me all the time. It was in his personality. He was also one of the players in high school.

I opened the apartment door and went inside. It was quite. I guessed Brian and Ethan weren't home, yet. I headed to the kitchen to grab some water. I jumped a little when I realized that Ethan was there, sitting in the kitchen with newspaper in his hands.

He stopped from his reading and smiled at me. I gave him a tight smile and went to the fridge.

"You're home. How was your first day?", he asked.

"Just fine", I replied as I poured myself a glass of water.

"Oh, good", then silence.

"I don't mean to be rude, but why are at home so early? Aren't you supposed to be at work?", I asked, curious though I didn't know what his job was.

"Well, I'm an architect. I work from home actually. I got projects from companies and worked it here. Have you been to Central Mall?", he asked.

I shook my head. I got here two days ago. How could he ask me if I'd been there.

He chuckled. "Well, it was my design and the best one I've created", he said proudly.

I just nodded and I drank my water. After drinking the glass empty, I washed it in the sink and headed to my room.

Great, so he would be home all the time. I thought if everyone were gone during the day, I would just stay at home after class. Maybe I'd just be at Hailey's dorm .

I put my bags on my desk and went to my closet to grabbed my clothes and toiletries then headed to the bathroom to have a long shower.

I washed my hair using my favourite shampoo with strawberry fragrant. I messaged my head, the routine I had everytime I washed my hair. It relaxed me.

After 15 minutes shower, I slipped in my red t-shirt and black shorts. I combed my hair before I went out.I stepped out of the bathroom then realized that Brian was home and he was about to go to his room. He was wearing his work suit. I admitted he looked handsome.

He stopped when he saw me and smiled.

"Hey, sis. How was your first day?", he asked. Why everyone keep asking how my first day was?

But I kept the emotion to myself. "Just fine", I gave him the same answer as Ethan.

"Oh, OK. We're having pizza for dinner. Is that alright for you?", he asked, worried if I didn't like it.

"OK", I said and went to my room.

I stayed in my room to do my Bio homework for an hour until I heard a knock on my door. I groaned as I got up from my desk. I opened it and saw Brian.

"Uh, me and Ethan are eating the pizza. Do you want to join us?", he asked nervously.

He seemed afraid talking to me. I couldn't blame him because of all my replys to him since I got here. I decided not being a bitch this time. "OK", I said , stepping out of my room.

He looked pleased but I just ignored it. Just because I wanted to join the dinner didn't mean that I would be the sister he knew 5 years ago.

We walked in the kitchen and saw Ethan was eating his pizza. He looked up when he saw me and Brian and gave me a warm smile. I didn't reply his smile.