Just Wait

The next morning, I woke up to find myself nestled between the sheets of my bed. I rubbed the sleep from my eyes as I sluggishly got out of bed and walked downstairs. “Good morning.” I greeted Tanya who was at the stove cooking up a storm.

            “Good morning to you.” She turned around and smiled at me. “How was your date with Jace?”

            I smiled. “It was really nice.” There were no words to sum up how the date went. It was just beautiful.

            “Well that’s good. Now you can take Romance out since you didn’t yesterday.”

            I smiled. “No problem.”

            I sat down at the island as Tanya set out the pancakes, eggs, beacon, and orange juice. I looked up at the clock and saw that it was almost nine. I quickly scarfed down the rest of the foot that I wanted and thanked Tanya. Running up the stairs I quickly ran to my room to change into my riding pants. I left my tank top on and slipped on a light hoodie over top of it since it was still kind of early in the morning. Making my way down the stairs yet again I walked right out of the kitchen doors and entering the cool morning air.

            Hearing the sounds of hooves pounding the ground and horses neighing and whinnying made me smile. It was weird how much a person could change when you put them in a totally foreign habitat.

            “Morning my baby girl.” I cooed as Romance poked her head out of her stall. I smiled and reached out to hug her nose. I smiled as I released her nose and picked up a few brushes to comb her out. I took a lead rope that was hanging next to her stall door I hooked it onto her halter and tied her to the bars on the side of her stall. “I missed you girl.” I said as I began brushing out her coat. I watched as dust and dirt fell to the ground and I shook my head. I don’t know why I tried so hard to groom her when she’s only going to roll around in the dirt later when I put her out in the paddock.

            As I finished her coat, I placed the combs into a basket just outside of the stall. I picked up a hair brush and went to work on her matted mane. “Good lord, how on earth do you get your mane so tangled?” I asked as I fought with some knots. Romance let out a heavy breath. “Well sorry.” I laughed as she just shook her mane no doubt redoing the knots I had just gotten out. “Okay fine, you win. I’m done.” I laughed putting the brush away just in time to see Jace standing across from her stall.

            “Good morning.” He smiled causing me to smile back in reply. “How’d you sleep?”

            “Pretty good, but how did I end up in my room? The last thing I remember was we were outside.”

            Jace laughed. “Oh that? You fell asleep on me so I took you home and carried you up to your room.” He said it so nonchalantly I laughed.

            “You,” I pointed to him. “Carried me?” I motioned towards myself. He nodded. “I’m lighter than I thought!” I joked causing him to roll his eyes.

            “Please, I’m all that is man.” He said making me laugh.

            “Okay fine. I’ll give that one to you.” I said walking over to him to give him a quick kiss. Before I realized what I just did I turned a crimson color. “Oh God, I’m so sorry. I didn’t…I mean…uh…I can – ”

            Jace just laughed as he kissed my lips. “I was hoping you’d do that.” He admitted holding me by the waist. “That way it would be less awkward to ask you these next two questions.”

            I eyed him warily as I asked, “What are the questions?”

            He smiled as he held me in his arms. “Alright, first question. Are you free this Friday?”

            I thought about it. I didn’t think I had any plans. I didn’t have dance practice or anything. “I’m free. Why?”

            “Well, now you’re not.” I gave him bewildered look. “Camille, would you do me the honors by going to homecoming with me?”

            I blushed when he got down on one knee like he was proposing. I giggled and shook my head as he laughed with me. “I’d love to.” I answered his request until I remembered he still had another question. “Now what’s your other question?”

            Jace smiled and our eyes locked. “Be my girlfriend?”

            A smile grew on my face. I pulled him closer as I leaned up to kiss his lips. “Does that answer your question?” I asked as he shook his head.

            “Nope, maybe just a little more.” He said gently pushing me back until we ran into the door of Romance’s stall. Jace and I kissed until Romance stuck her nose in…literally.

            I laughed as Romance nudged Jace’s shoulder pushing him back. “Don’t worry.” I whispered to her. Her ears perked at the sound of my voice. “I love you more.” I smiled knowing that Jace heard me. When I turned to look at him he wore shocked expression.

            “You just wait, Cam. You’re going to fall head over heels in love with me.” He stated. I smiled. I think I already did.

- - - - - - - - -

I’m back! So I wasn’t sure how to start this chapter, so I just went with it. I know it’s been forever, but I really haven’t had time to post. I meant to put this up days ago, but I never found the time.

Please feel free to leave me feedback! I always appreciate it! I hope you all have a happy and healthy new year! – Hayley