Blue Flame

22nd August

Hey guys! This is the prologue of a story I have been co-writing with @Wingblade2. It's about a boy that is transformed into a dragon and forced into a journey of a life time. I'm putting the prologue on here, so if you like it go and have a look. I'll put the link in the comments below

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The peaceful moonlit night was shattered as a woman screamed through the town of Lysia.

"Help! Help! My... my boy is gone! He went off to the forest and never came back! Then I heard a terrible roar!"

The town started to panic as the thought of a terrifying monster living in such close proximity to the town settled in. It started to come alive when people began waking up at the news.

"What do you mean a monster is living in the valley? There hasn't been a monster in this valley for 400 years!" Shouted an old man, staggering out of his old home.

As if to prove everyone it's real, a thunderous roar rang loose across the sky, shattering a few windows, glass tinkling as it hit the ground. The ground started to shake slowly as the sound wave of the roar reverberated through the valley. Cries of terror followed as the town was wound up in panic.

"By the Goddess...." Said the old man, watching a large dark shape fly over the town.

A loud screech sounded throughout the sky. More screams followed as the rest of the town was woken by the sound. The guards on the walls panicked, running for the cover of their barracks. A monster like this hadn't been seen around the town for many years, and now that it was suddenly back, with no explanation and no warning.

"Get back up on the walls!" A brave captain commanded, sending his forces to the top of the walls.

The guards rallied and soon arrows were flying to bring down the beast, but none were hitting their mark. It was to fast, to agile in the air. The night sky didn't help, making the creature hard to see in the air. They were unsure of what it actually was, but the silent thought of a dragon was present in everyone's mind. If that was so however, then this was unlikely a fight that they would win.

Nobody heard the sorrowful cries of the beast due to their minds full of fear and adrenaline. The loud roars that it made generated the picture that it was a mindless, bloodthirsty beast. A cry of pain echoed from its mouth as a lucky arrow hit it in a soft spot under its hind leg. Cheers sounded as its dark form disappeared into the night sky.

*Boy's POV*

Everything seemed strange. Sounds were intensified, everything smelled of this strange musk. And everything hurt, like thousands of daggers had pierced my body. Why was this happening? What had happened? A strange gurgling sound rumbled through my throat so strange it startled me. I opened my eyes slowly, colour flooding my vision just as intensely as my other senses. Another strange growl followed my surprise.

With a moan I tried to push myself to my feet, and stumbled. I looked down at my arms... wait, what? Instead I saw a pair of dangerously sharp claws connected to an animalistic paw. Admiral blue scales wound up the leg, shining in the dying afternoon sun. With a screech I jumped back, flailing with an unfamiliar body. Strange appendages on my back flapped helplessly in the air and at different times, throwing me back further. With a grunt I landed, limbs splayed harmlessly in the air like a newborn cub trying its first steps.