Chapter 7

بسم الله الرحمان الرحيم..

Edited
SAFIYA'S POV

He said he will be waiting for me in the canteen at lunch time. What if he doesn't agree?? What will I do? Ya Allah please help me I am so confused I don't want to marry Jaffar. Please Ya Allah.. I prayed. I couldn't pay attention to what the teacher was saying because I was scared of what will happen next.

Soon it was lunch time and I went to the canteen. I sat down on the table at the corner because this was where we were the last time when we are talking and didn't want anyone to know. Few minutes later, Sameer entered the canteen and came towards the table.

As soon as he sat he started talking. "I thought about what you said and then did Istikhaara and when I went to sleep I saw a dream so my answer is... Yes!" He said.

Before he said yes I closed my eyes thinking he will say no.

"It's okay I understand. Of course you can't just get ready to get married so soon. I'm sorry." I said.

"Safiya, I said yes not no." He said.

That's when I realized that he said yes.

"JazakaAllah so much. I don't know how to thank you." I said and he just smiled.

"But I have a condition." He said.

"I'm fine with whatever you want. Even if I have to stay at my parents house or stay alone so that they think we are staying together it's ok as long as Jaffar doesn't get to me." I replied.

"No it's not like that and anyways my parents would want you to stay with us. The condition is that we would not sign any kind of contract like as in which we will stay married for a few months. Don't get this in the wrong way. I am just saying that just imagine if we do sign one like that then after few months if Jaffar comes back? Then what will happen? And also our parents will not like it. So let's just take this marriage as a real one. That's all I have to say." He said.

Wow MashaAllah. I never thought he would say anything like that.

"I'm fine with whatever you said." I said then I was thinking of asking him if he talked to his parents.

I then started fiddling with my fingers thinking whether to ask him that or not.

SAMEER'S POV

I saw her playing with her fingers and I knew she had something to say.

"What do you want to ask?" I asked her.

"Um.. I was just thinking If you had talked to your parents." She said.

"I was thinking of talking to them today." I replied.

Soon the bell rang and it was time to go to our classes. I got up and left from there and turned to see that Safiya had also left.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

Soon it was time to go home. I remembered that I had to talk to my parents today, but I had to make sure that I didn't mention about Jaffar. I sighed and walked towards my car.

As soon as I reached home, I saw my mom watching some serial on the TV.

"Assalamikum mom. How are you?" I asked her and kissed her on her cheek.

She turned the tv off and stood up to face me.

"Wa alaikum salaam, my son I'm fine Alhamdulillah. How are you?" She asked.

"I'm fine alhamdulillah." I replied.

"Mom.." I started.

I didn't know how I was supposed to bring this up until I got an idea.

"Actually I wanted to tell you something important." I told her and she looked at me confused but after a few seconds she made me sit on the sofa and told me to say what I wanted to tell her. So I started.

"Actually I like this girl who is in my University and you have also met her. I don't want anything  Haraam happening between us so I was thinking if I can umm.. Marry her?" It came out more like a question.

My mother looked at me confused then she relaxed. That's what I love about her. She would first listen to everything properly then think about it then react. It looked like she was convinced.

"Ok, I have to talk to your father. By the way, who is this girl?" She asked me. I wasn't lying in a way because I kind of liked her a little.

"Mom.. Her name is Safiya." I said while scratching my neck nervously.

"Ok now go freshen up and come have something to eat then I will talk to your father then InshaAllah we can go with the proposal to her house ok?" She said and I just nodded.

I was leaving but I just felt like hugging her so i turned back and hugged her.

"Jazakillah mum." I said then left for my room.

I was wondering how my life would be after I married Safiya, when my room door opened revealing the one and only Hiba Omar.

She jumped on me and to say I was shocked would be an understatement.

"Oh My Allah!! I'm so happy for you. You are finally getting married and that too to Safiya. I know I have met her just once but she is really nice." She said while smiling.

I was happy to see her so happy after so long. At least in a way everyone would be happy. I thought to myself.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

As soon as dad came home we had our dinner and then mom started talking.

After she said everything to my dad, he looked at me then smiled.

"I'm happy that you are finally thinking about marriage. Alhamdulillah." He said .

After he said that, I was relieved. I could tell this to Safiya tomorrow. Then I just remembered that tomorrow would be Saturday.

"Ok, we are going to go to Safiya's house on Sunday InshaAllah, ok?" My mum said and I agreed as I knew that Safiya didn't have enough time.

"Umm.. Mum is it possible that this marriage happens as soon as possible? I mean when you are talking to her parents. Please?" I asked.

I went to my room and decided to give Safiya a surprise on Sunday by going there with my parents....

A/N: Hey guys sorry for not updating quickly. Now that I have school it will only be possible for me to update on weekends. InshaAllah I will try to type little by little everyday and then post during the weekend. Hope you guys liked the chapter. Thank you so much for reading my book. I was also thinking of joining watty2016 hope you guys support me.. 😊