MONDAY

It's a corporate world,
I'm a corporation, a company needs a long vacation,
Corporate world,
I'm a corporation cutting back,
And I've been so patient.

I've got a guy in my pocket to vouch for your character,
You're the manager, you can handle her.

(Dale Earnhart Jr Jr)

. MONDAY .

MCKENNA
10:51 AM

"I am serious, Mac. Nelson, the cleaning man who always hits on me, told me yesterday."

McKenna Dunne stared at her friend Olivia. They were currently smoking a cigarette in the sumptuous Lezarc Corp HQ front yard. Before them stood a huge fountain with goldfishes swimming in it, perfectly cut emerald green hedges, and the view of 'the City' centre.

The smoking and the cigarette and the whole being there suddenly lost all meaning to McKenna.

"A new office? Where?" she lowered her voice while drawing Olivia closer to her, as if pleading her to lower her voice as well.

Olivia was the only one in the entire Lezarc Corp who was aware of her ever long crush, and there were many people there around taking a break just as they were.

"It's not here in the front area, that's for sure. They're renovating the whole last floor up there." Olivia explained "At least, that's what Nelson said. He got a backache from moving boxes and desks and archives for the whole afternoon."

McKenna couldn't care less about the cleaning man's backache. She threw her cigarette in the ashtray as the tension built inside her.

"What are you doing?" Olivia laughed at her. "Now you're giving up smoking just because you know he can't be watching? Well, at least this would be the only healthy thing I've seen you do in the last two years."

"I'm the healthiest person on earth." McKenna spat back, looking proudly at her fit body in her perfect white suit.

Olivia rolled her eyes.

"Just wanted to remind you - going through two years of unrequited untold love for a cold heartless despotic drug addicted married man is not what I would define healthy - even if he's an excruciatingly rich CEO with to-die-for cufflinks."

"There are rumours he's getting through a divorce." McKenna said tentatively.

"Yeah, sure" Olivia laughed again, shooting McKenna a sarcastic glare "This is what I call being reasonable."

EDGAR
11:20 AM

Edgar LeRoy, CEO of Lezarc Corp, was standing in the middle of his brand new temporary office, his arms crossed over his chest, surrounded by scattered and half opened boxes. He was trying hard to concentrate on his sterling silver Cartier cufflinks, on his navy blue fine patterned necktie, but the hard truth was that his eyes were hopelessly drawn to the pathetic scene taking place before him.

An IT guy was bended under his desk, trying to set up the connection of his laptop. He was by far the worst dressed man he had seen in ages at Lezarc HQ.

His jeans were worn out and faded, his green sneakers on the verge of collapse; at least his Star Wars T shirt was long enough not to reveal the colour of his underwear - that would be an excessively unpleasant view.

How is that even possible that someone is allowed to dress this way in my corporation?

He made a mental note - new dress code instructions to be delivered to the whole personnel.