I did belong there.

       "You're being unnaturally quiet." I mumbled against his shirt before pulling gently away. His expression hadn't changed.

       "I'm..." His jaw clenched tighter and he had to close his eyes before the dark chestnut flickered up to the kitchen window. "I'm trying to stay calm." He grumbled through clenched teeth. That wasn't going to well, if the tension in his body was anything to go by.

       I let out a heavy sigh before rubbing my fists into my tired eyes. "I guess having you two in the same area so soon wasn't such a good idea." I grumbled quietly as his arms left my waist to run along my arms.

       It was Tuesday afternoon, literally only two days after the whole 'Jax is not full gay' thing, and only three after that... that phone call and everyone's nerves were running wild. Trying to get those two to even be remotely friendly again right now was not a good idea.

       "No Rose, I can't say it was." I frowned at that, but when I glanced up at Rex he was giving me a soft smile. "But I know you want me to not kill him, so I'm trying baby." My heart melted and I rested my palms against his chest as his cupped my cheeks.

       "Thank you T', and I don't want you two fighting, but-" I let out a little sigh and clenched my fingers in his shirt as his rubbed along my cheeks. "But this is my fault. I shouldn't have lied to you, but it just seemed like the right thing to do at the time... and trying to force you to overlook that is not good for either us."

       He rubbed his lips against my forehead and let out a small sigh as I leaned closer into him. "I'm not going to ask him to come over again for a while. That's not fair to you." He smiled and I felt the tension slowly leave his body.

       "I know you two are close, and I feel awful for being happy about that, but thank you Roza... and I'm sorry." He mumbled before kissing my forehead again.

       "Don't be, I get it." I mumbled back. His smile grew before his lips dropped down to mine.

       I curled my fingers tighter into his shirt and stood on my tip toes like that would make the kiss better somehow. He chuckled against my lips and instantly I knew his frustration when I wouldn't stop smiling while we kissed. He was making me lose my concentration.

      I pulled back with a pout, but he only laughed. That turd head. We hadn't kissed in what seem like forever and I was starting to feel like I was going through withdrawal and-

       "I love you." He whispered softly before his lips crushed against mine once again.

       Why was I frustrated?

       I melted against him until the arm he had swiftly wrapped around my waist was the only thing holding me up. My fingers were curled so tightly into his shirt I'm surprised it didn't rip, and his hand had wandered into a tight grip in my hair.

       He walked us back until my waist met the counter and kept out lips connected the whole time. My heart was on firework mood, my stomach felt like goo, and the tingles surging through my lips from his were intoxicating.

       And then things took a turn, but it definitely was not for the worst. The kiss became like the other night... wetter, hotter, more... more addicting.

       Oh my...

        Rex's hand in my hair forced my head to tilt to the side and the arm that was wrapped around my waist came up to grab my jaw. This kiss didn't seem gentle, or at least he wasn't letting it stay gentle, and I was surprised when his hand tightened against my jaw. It made escape seem impossible, even though there was nowhere else I would have rather been.