Chapter Eight ⌔ Broken Rage

Chapter Eight Broken Rage

I stared blankly at David for a few seconds, allowing the new information to leak into my head before I felt a hot burn run through my body. My heart started beating rapidly but instead of the agony I felt, it was out of anger.

Anger and hate.

I opened my mouth to let out a scream that could not be heard and angrily pushed myself off the bed, stumbling a little as my feet hit the ground and threatened to let me fall. I quickly caught my balance and ripped my arms out of David's grip as he tried to catch me.

I stormed out of the infirmary, ignoring the school nurse's frantic calling. I angrily pushed past the crowded hallway, my eyes searching for -

I didn't know how he looked like, the thought struck me suddenly, immediately making me feel upset and horribly empty.

That person took away my family and I had no idea how he looked like.

"Sierra!" David shouted as he ran after me, his warm hands latching onto my wrists. My movements ceased immediately as I stared at the many students walking around in front of me, getting ready to leave the school. Everything happened in slow motion.

Students gave me weird looks as they passed in front of me, teachers walked by with their brief cases, my 'friends' walked around me in a group, looking at me with guilt and curiosity.

Warm arms engulfed me into hug, breaking me out of my trance and making me too shocked to do anything. I felt the earlier burn of anger dissipate as David hugged me slowly and cautiously, like he was afraid I might break or something in his arms.

What was I, glass?

I shook off his arms after the shock wore off a bit and turned to reprimand him for his actions but was interrupted as a voice spoke up.

"Sierra, are you alright?"

I stiffened; I didn't want to turn around and see the expression on that redhead's face. I didn't know what to expect, but I certainly did not want to see that expression or any expression on her face.

I stayed still, facing David's chest as I nodded.

"Sierra?" There was a pause from Katrina and then a gentle hand touched my shoulder, making me flinch away from the touch. There was silence and then I heard a sigh.

"Alright then, I'll go. Take care of yourself, okay?" Another pause and then she was gone. I let out a relieved breath and looked up to meet David's eyes which were guarded and sad.

"Shall we go?" he asked, gently. I nodded slowly and then made my way towards the exit of the school. My eyes took note of a familiar blond head and I automatically turned towards it.

Daniel was standing outside the school building with a group of his friends. He smiled warmly at us and nodded to David, surprising me a little as he leaned coolly against the building with his hands in his pockets.

With his strange greeting that day, I had automatically assumed he was childish. He didn't look childish as he hung around the building, obviously waiting for someone.

My eyes followed him as David and I tried to get through the thick crowd to leave. His strange actions made me curious as to why he acted so different then and now.