Chapter Four ⌔ Lost Again

Chapter Four Lost Again

"Sierra, can you come over here for a second?"

I lifted my eyes up from the carpeted floor of the drama room and looked around for the person who called me. I scanned the room, watching as everyone was clumped up in groups while there were loners like me scattered around randomly. Our drama teacher, Ms. Jean, was at her table pointing to a bunch of papers and talking rather animatedly with a brunette boy. Ms. Jean was expressing her thoughts by excessive use of her hands. I felt my lips switch slightly; she looked like she was trying very hard to get her point across. The two were surrounded by two other girls who held papers in their hands and attentive expressions on their faces.

Clearly they weren't the ones calling me. My eyes shifted to the group of girls sitting on one side of the room, softly singing to themselves.

No, not them either.

"Sierra!"

My view of the classroom was suddenly obscured by someone's chest. A woman's chest. I blinked and looked up.

Immediately, I was met with a pair of brown eyes and a cute face. I blinked rapidly as I took in her face features; the small eyes, the slightly flat nose and the clear, flawless skin. She was Asian.

Korean, it seemed. Or maybe... Japanese?

"Nana," she said, clearly. I stared at her, confused. Nana?

The girl smiled at me as she reached up to fix her messy bun. "My name is Nana Heart."

Oh, it was her name.

I felt heat touch my cheeks and I quickly looked down, feeling so stupid. Nana must have thought I was an idiot for getting confused with her name. God, that was so embarrassing.

"I'm a bit busy with the other actors right now... and um, since you're not doing anything at the moment," Nana paused, smiling apologetically, "Do you think you can please find Kitty for me?" She asked, tapping on her clipboard as she rolled her eyes. "The girl just disappears and appears whenever she pleases. Rather irritating, considering she's the lead actress."

I blinked and then nodded slowly, still feeling embarrassed about her name. I pulled away from the wall I was leaning against and straightened my posture. Nana gave me a quick smile before quickly making her way to another group.

As I walked passed, I heard Nana asking them to find the lead male and to find Kimberly Adams.

I felt myself getting amused. It seemed like Nana had lost everyone she needed that day. Shaking my head slightly, I made my way out of the classroom.

"Where is Mike?" I could hear Nana ask from inside the classroom. "Has anyone seen him? Has anyone seen Mike?"

The door shut gently, cutting off the noises from the classroom. I paused in the hallway and pursed my lips, letting my eyes scan the nearly empty hallways. Where would the lead actress of a school play go?

Reaching up to tuck a strand of loose hair behind my ear, I started walking down the hall; I might as well give the theatre a shot.

Although, I wasn't exactly sure what anyone would do in an empty and dark theatre. Then again, I was usually alone when I went to the photo studios when there wasn't class.