"Nova please." Jimin continued to plead. I looked away, seeing Taehyung talk to Jinhya, not even worrying about me. Ouch that hurt.

Tears were already flowing as my eye sight started to get blurry. I had to get down. I had to get down.

"I'm sorry." I whispered, before my sight went complete black.

-
*Jimin's Pov*

"Nova!" I shouted, seeing her close her eyes and fall back but the rope was still wrapped around her ankle.

"Oh my god." Coach muttered, running up to Nova. "Someone get the nurse!"

Everyone was in complete shock, not knowing what to do. "Get the nurse!" I ordered, two kids running out to call her.

I looked towards my right to see Taehyung push Jinhya out of the way, but remain in his spot. Dick.

I ran forward, climbing on the nearby rope as coach tried to untangle the rope wrapped around Nova's foot.

"Jimin get down and Hyungsik come climb the ropes and grab her shoulders so Jimin could catch her easily."

Krystal was crying, muttering how she didn't want to lose her friend because of blood loss. I got down and stood between the two ropes waiting to catch her. I really hope she's okay.

"Catch her!"

In time, I caught Nova easily since the rope wasn't far from the floor when Hyungsik lowered her down a little bit to make it easier for me to catch her. I quickly dropped to my knees, brushing her hair back from her pale and sweaty face.

"Nova wake up. You're okay. It's going to be okay." I whispered, taking a bold move to peck her forehead. I knew Taehyung was watching but I didn't care anymore. I liked her and he couldn't do anything about it.

"Is she okay?" Krystal kneeled down on the other side checking her pulse and wiping off the sweat from her forehead. She had to go to the nurse but those two stupid kids haven't came back yet.

"Yeah I think she's going to be fine."

I slowly and gently picked her up, walking away from everyone to the nurses office. The two kids were too busy sitting down and drinking juice when I stopped by.

"This is what you call getting the nurse?"

They immediately stood up and ran. I'll remember those two faces and make sure to kick the hell out of them the next time I see them. I continued walking to the nurses office before placing Nova on the cleanest and whitest bed in the room, shutting the curtains and sitting down on a chair near her bed.

"Wake up Nova." I muttered under my breath, still waiting and hoping for her to open her eyes.

She looked extremely beautiful just laying there and if I told her that, she would have made fun of me and said that I was her best buddy which would make it weird to compliment each other that way.

We were just friends and that's exactly how it's going to stay. She needs Taehyung more than she needs me.

The curtains moved as I saw Taehyung in the corner, looking worriedly at Nova. He was still hard in love with her. Anybody but Nova could see it. But he decided to go play around with his ex Jinhya all over again.

Actually ever since school ended, they started to hook up all while Nova was still trying to be with him but he was off with her.

"What do you want?" I scoffed, not wanting to see him.

"I came to see how Nova was doing. Is that a crime?" He sat down across from me, next to Nova.

"I mean it's not like you did anything to help her after she fainted. Or were you too busy talking to your girlfriend?" I smiled sarcastically, now getting on his nerves.

"Shut up Jimin. Leave her out of this." He remarked.

"Oh so now you're defending her? Wow you must really like her huh?"

"Yes I like her. Problem?" He chuckled. What the hell is going on with him? This isn't the Taehyung I knew.

My best friend wasn't the person sitting in front of me. He wouldn't look at any other girl when he officially told me that he liked Nova. He even started crying and punched the wall when he thought Nova liked me. Then he left after so I could "be" with her but it just made it worse.

"Leave." I ordered. I didn't want to see his face. He looked up from his phone, smirking.

"Now why should I do that? So you could have your own time with Nova and be her shining knight?" He put his phone away, standing up to leave.

"Good luck with her though. She's not an easy one." He winked, shutting the curtains on his way out. I was at loss for words. He really just said that to me.

"Ugh what a dick." I heard. I looked down to see Nova wide awake with a stank face. Did she hear everything?

"Yes I heard everything. What a loser though. Honestly feel bad for Jinhya." She said, not caring. She then smiled and took a hold of my hand.

"Thank you Jimin. For being there for me." The smile on her face was mesmerizing and I couldn't stop looking at it, hoping it wouldn't go away after not seeing it for the summer.

"Of course I'll do anything for you. Just call me and I'll be in your driveway with cookie dough ice cream and your favorite, bacon pizza."

"I'm glad I have a best friend like you."

I only smiled, knowing that I will only and always be just a friend to her just like Hyungsik and Krystal. It hurt but it was my place, it's where I belonged.