Chapter 36

*Nova's Pov*

"Come on Nova, it's time to run and sweat your balls out." Hyungsik jogged off in front of me. I was panting and stopped to get a breath. It was hot and being outside was not helping out at all. I also didn't appreciate the fact that I had P.E class with Taehyung and Jimin.

"Shut up Sik." I breathed out, laughing.

"You need to get back in shape girly. You wanna look like me, nice and sexy." He winked, jogging away to flirt with a girl who looked like she wouldn't give him a chance.

The whistle blew, meaning it was time to head back to the gym. As everyone got into a straight line, Taehyung was far in the right and Jimin was in the left as I stood in the middle away from them both.

"Okay I need a volunteer. Nova." Coach cold called me. What the hell, I didn't even volunteer.

I hesitated before walking forward, standing next to him. I looked around the gym to find the reason why I was chosen to volunteer in the first place. But all I saw was a mat and a climbing rope attached to the ceiling.

"Nova here is the only person who has never done the rope climbing challenge as a grade, so before we start with anything, she's going to be climbing the rope and ringing the bell to get a passing grade or she'll have to stay back with grade two." He explained as the class let out laughs here and there.

"You didn't really have to say all that." I scoffed, walking away to the rope.

I wasn't afraid of doing it. It's not like I'm going to just slip and die. What if I did drop and plummet to the ground like a sack of potatoes? Oh crap.

I inhaled deeply and exhaled slowly. I started off by wrapping my hands around the rope, putting my right foot on the knot starter and jumped, holding tightly as I continued to go up.

"You can do it girly!" Hyungsik shouted. I looked down and felt a little dizzy with how far I was from the ground. I was so close to touching and ringing the bell. I reached out as my fingers grazed on the small wire attached to the bell.

"Come on." I whispered, taking two of my fingers to ring the bell.

"Whoo!" I heard cheering from the bottom which was of course Hyungsik and Krystal showing to see who could shout the loudest.

I was already tired and my hands had started to get really sweaty and red from the climbing. I had no energy to climb back down. "Alright Nova! Come back down!" Coach hollered.

I was still panting and my arms were extremely sore including my legs. "I-I can't." I muttered, my eyes feeling a little droopy.

"Nova come down!" What I heard to be Jimin.

"I-I can't move." I barely said. I couldn't move. It's not that I was too lazy. It's the fact that my body decided to stop functioning, making it harder for me to breathe. I had to go down.

I used what was left of my strength to continue, but only halfway. I was still too far from the ground to just jump. If I jumped, I would have broken my legs–with the mat or not. I just couldn't move and my eyes were starting to close on me as my palms started to sweat more.

"Nova please come down." Jimin pleaded, now under my body where I could barely see him.

"Nova wrap one of your foot on the rope to hold yourself up so you could be less tired!" Coach instructed. I did exactly what he said but nothing worked.

I wanted to get down but the rope was now tight on my ankle. I panicked, realizing if I had to try to unwrap myself, the rope would continue to swing. The thought only got me even more dizzier.