This chapter is dedicated to you

I'm not like other writers. I don't just start typing and keep writing a story until the end. When I write, I stop, I abandon my project, start writing about something totally different in a different genre, stop, abandon everything and the cycle is always the same.

When I started writing Black Ink, I thought this story was going to be another one of my "almost-books" and that I was going to just forget about it after writing 2 or 3 chapters. I wrote the first two chapters and after a while I decided to post them here and see what happened.

I posted the link on tumblr and my story started getting some readers. Seeing that some people enjoyed my story was good enough for me to keep writing. I kept writing and posted chapters and I remember getting too excited every time someone voted or commented on a chapter. It would make my day and I'm not even joking. I started seeing the same people commenting or voting and it felt great to know that I had readers and that they were liking what I was writing. I would memorize usernames and every time I posted a chapter those people were always there to comment and vote.

When I wrote the last chapter of this book, I cried a bit. I didn't want to end this book, I didn't want to lose all my loyal readers. I didn't want to lose my motivation, because that's what all of you are to me. You are my inspiration and you are my strength to keep going.

After finishing this, I kept receiving more and more readers and I know my story is nowhere as popular as the majority of the books here on wattpad but I don't care about that. It doesn't matter if I have 5 readers or 100, I will always love every single one of you with all my heart.

I'm so proud of what I've accomplished with this story and you are the reason for my gratitude. I cannot thank you enough for making me the happiest girl in the world, but I'm going to try anyway:

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!

I love you all more than you can imagine,

Catherine

(Maybe I'll be able to write another story for you in the future. Who knows?)