Chapter 13 Wake Up Call

Start from the beginning

"She's my mate you fool" He growls loudly at him, and Ace growls in response, you never growl to an Alpha. Curse you Keith for not putting a lid on that big beak of yours, I think to myself.

Both wolves, Ace, and Keith, clash at each other head on, snapping and biting at each other's necks and faces as they do so. A sharp yelp comes out from amongst the storm of growls, smashing teeth and jaws, but it didn't come from Keith, I think it came from Ace. Did Keith manage to get a bite out of an Alpha? He must have gotten a good hit, I think to myself.

Keith then fights Ace off, and once again he runs back towards his side of the bank, now I'm confused. Why would Ace be defeated so easily? I mean its one thing for an Alpha to lose to another Alpha, but for an Alpha to lose to a Head Beta, is almost unheard of.

I then look towards Ace, not trying to be threatening, but just to look at him. His brown eyes no longer look alive, they look dark, misty, and lost, like there's nothing not a soul inside of him anymore, as If he's just an empty shell. This isn't the Ace I once knew, I tell myself. Even though he's my rival, and I shouldn't be worried about him, I do know him better than I'd like to admit, and at the moment I know something is very wrong with him.

"Ace, what's happened to you, why have you let yourself go?" I grumble slightly, concerned for him this time.

Ace replies with a huff, then he turns around and walks away, limping slightly. That was rude, all I was going to do is ask him if he needed some help, I say to myself. Then again he is an Alpha male, and they're usually that way, nothing we can do about that.

I wait for a few moments to see if he comes back for round two, when he doesn't Keith and I then turn around. Elliot's comforting a young girl in his lap with long black hair, with a single silver stripe going through it, but I can't see anything else about her just because it's so dark, Keith and I shift back to our human forms, and then he crouches down softly in front of the girl and Elliot.

"Hi Elliot, is this Alex?" I ask him softly.

"Yes, this is Alex" He confirms.

Keith's eyes then light up. "Hello my angel" He says softly to her.

"Elliot, does she need medical attention?" I ask.

"Yes Sophie, she has a lot of open wounds and bruises" He replies.

"Well then, we better get her to the pack hospital, come on little one" I say.

"She can't Sophie, she's very weak, she can't even stand up, that's why I had to carried her back on foot" He tells me. That makes sense. "And before we take her anywhere, there's something else I have to tell you about her right now" He then says.

"We're listening Elliot, go on" I tell him.

"She's nude" Elliot then tells us.

If this is true and she doesn't have anything on her, in the middle of winter, then she most likely is going to freeze to death. Within a blink of an eye, Keith speaks up. "Let me carry her. I don't trust you doing it Elliot, and even though Sophie's a girl, I don't trust her doing it ether." He says, standing up and holding his arms out. "Come on guys, I can keep her warm."

"We have no choice on the matter. Alright Keith you can carry her to the hospital" I tell him, Keith then picks her up bridal style without thinking twice about it.

"Wait Keith, not that fast, she has never..." Elliot tries to tell him, but is cut off when a loud, fearful scream comes from Alex's mouth.

Keith then gets a pitiful look in his eyes, like he's just got shot with a silver bullet, and now only has seconds to live. "What did I do to her, what's wrong?" He then asks, turning towards Elliot.