Chapter 13 Wake Up Call

Start from the beginning

When I get there I see my uncle and Keith standing in a sentry position on the bank of Citrine River, looking intently onto the other side. I walk over and stop in the space between them. "How's it going?" I slightly snarl looking towards them.

"Fair enough" My uncle snarls back to me.

"Keith, what about you?" I ask.

"I'm still the same Sophie, I'm so on edge" He tells me. "I always knew I had a mate out there, but never once did I imagine that she would be in a rival pack. If I would've known she was the Omega, I would have been there to protect her, to love her, to care for her. Heck, if I would've known she was even there during the rescue of Luka last year, I would've gone and got her, I would've been able to protect her from what they've put her through. I've been so, so, so..." I cut him off.

"Stop beating yourself up over this, it's not a good thing for you to do. I mean I should know, I've been in your shoes" I tell him. "How do you think I felt when I first found Luka? In the beginning I felt so guilty for not coming to him sooner, and I wanted to blame myself for everything bad that had happened to him."

"What happened?" Keith grumbles.

"He forgave me, I forgave myself, and I also learned that the past stays in the past' I reply to him. Look, this is all normal for you when you have an abused mate, but over time you will learn that whatever happened to them before, can't happen to them as long as they're with you."

"But this isn't like you and Luka, what if she doesn't forgive me, what do I do then?" He whimpers slightly.

"Then you'll have to prove and show to her just how much she means to you, besides. You won't know that's the case until she's here, so just relax until then" I tell him, then I hear the sound of snapping and breaking, and my ears perk up.

I then look up towards the mostly dark sky, and hear a large number of birds flying the other way. I know that means trouble. I look back across the river and see Elliot carrying a young girl in his arms just booking it towards the river, with Ace's pure black wolf hot on his heels. We already ourselves and hold our breaths for what could happen in the next few moments.

"Faya and Quinn, you two go on ahead of me!" I hear Elliot shout from the other side of the river, I see him then go to the side, and Faya and Quinn come up from behind and pass him, crossing the river first. Why does he always have to put others before himself?

When they get across, they both turn towards each other.

"Are you okay?" Faya asks him, Quinn nods. "Are you, watashi no yuiitsu no kanojo wa, ōkami?" He asks her, she too nods her head.

I then look up and see that Elliot has made it to the bank on the other side, but when he's almost half way across, he stumbles slightly, and Ace charges into the river after him. I take a quick look and see that he's lying in the center of the river. That's neutral ground, I think to myself, I charge after him without holding anything back.

I catch him off guard as I get a good few bites into his chest, and take a few good snaps at his neck, trying to distract Ace so that Elliot and Alex can get across. Once I know they are safe on the other side of the river, I push him back over to his side, and run back towards mine. When I get back on my side, I shake myself off. I seem to have escaped our little tussle unscathed. That's a first, I think to myself.

"Sophie, please take me back" I here Ace slightly howl from his side if the river.

"Do you think almost killing me, my pack mate, and nearly killing one of your own is reason for me not to?" I growl loudly at him.

"Sophie don't you have one pathetic Omega already, why did you have to take mine?" Ace slightly snarls. Keith then walks up alongside me, his eyes intent on Ace's.